UE Super.Fi 3

JBLoudG20

I have had my eyes on a super.fi 5 for a while, until I almost grabbed the triple.fi yesterday. Now I want a triple.fi.. but not at $400.

So I am a bit worried about the form factor (that is what did me in for the er4, I couldn't stand it). Headroom has a nice price on the bstock super.fi 3, at $45 plus $12 shipping. That got my thinking. Then I remembered Radio Shack carried the super.fi 3 'studio'. Its the same as the super.fi 3 pro, except they include a bi flange and an airplane adapter ???

So I head over to their site today, and notice that instead of the $120something they used to sell it for, it is down to 59.97. I meet my sister at a store (she works there part time while in school, so I get the discount), and I walked out with the super.fi 3 for $49. Cheap way for me to see if I like the house sound, and the form factor.

So far, I'm pretty impressed for $50. I'll do some comparisons this weekend with my er6i.

I could not stand the er4 when I had it. Its just the ergonomics of it drove me crazy. I liked the sound, but I sold them for a nice loss anyway.

I hear you, I've given a lot of thought to changing from the ER4P to something else, but decided that if I'm going to bother to do it I'm going to move to customs. I'll never be able to afford the UE10/11/whatever and there's not much to choose from in the sub-500 custom range. I don't have enough faith in the livewires yet to take a flier on them.

I don't have enough faith in the livewires yet to take a flier on them.

These were in consideration for a bit, but only being the FOTM at head-fi doesn't give me any idea how good they are. Plus (obviously) no resale.

At the price headroom was selling the triple.fi, I could have used them, then sold them for a profit. I'm so pissed I missed it.

However, I think I may LOVE the triple.fi, based off this 3.