E500 vs. Triple.fi

JBLoudG20

Sweet impressions so far.

As for myself, I've already decided that the E500 is not for me, based on what's been said here and on that other site. The current contestants are the Triple.Fi and the q-Jays, which are also supposed to be very detailed and neutral sounding. I haven't found any direct comparisons between the two, but as more people receive their q-Jays, impressions will surely follow.

A few more impressions:

as stated, these have some pretty damn good bass. Much more quantity than I am used to in an IEM. This is a good thing, to me, as it keeps a lively, involving sound to what may otherwise be dry and analytical. What sets this apart from single driver IEM's (and many headphones, albeit the lower end) is even though there is a big bass drop, the highs still sparkle and dont suffer. This is the first time I've really heard this in an IEM (Ety's don't count since there is no bass to speak of).

The bass could extend a bit deeper, but that I really only notice a tiny bit when listening to electronic music, which is actually a very large part of my collection. Everything I have read says the E500/SE530 would be better in this regard, but I prefer to actually have a high end. So I'll sacrifice some bass extension, and not roll off the highs.

The midrange seems a bit recessed, but not overly so. I will comment further after getting to some vocal music.

All in all, I'm LOVING these.