Denon AH-D2000--big disappointment.

boomana

Only problem with shipping the adapter at this point is he may in fact have already shipped the headphones back, but not told me how much $ it cost him. I dont want to end up playing a back and forth mail game with him.

-------

Assuming he sends them back in proper condition, I will give everyone here a heads-up in advance, but I want to have the physical sale on the other site, so the proper people get to see the ad :)

I had a few people interested last time, that I had to say 'sorry, too late'. If they're still interested, they would also be given a heads-up. I almost want to give them away at this point, I'm so fed up with the whole thing.

Hey aardvark sandwich. I'm sorry to hear about your situation :(. I believe you have honestly done everything you could on your end to remedy the situation. Personally if I found a can I didn't like, I would just resell them on my own. I just brought 3 cans recently (last couple months) that didn't work out for me and I've sold all two of them and going to sell the third. You done your fair share on the deal and then some by responding quickly to ship out the adapter and accommodate the buyer.

post feedback on HF for the guy. I wouldn't want to deal with him either.

X2. I wouldn't want to deal with him either.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is the original FS post.

If everyone puts on their thinking caps, they can probably figure out who bought them.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f10/sold-denon-d2000-318985/#post4114945

Yes, I know who that is. I put up two cans for sale recently and he tried to lowball me heavily on both cans. Thanks for letting us know as I rather avoid problem buyers or sellers :).

Well it turns out the headphones arrived at my house today while I was at work.

The cord seems unusually bent near the split at the y section, but whatever. ::)

Im going to refund his money and wipe my hands of this shit.

I will sell them probably this weekend, but I'm going to have to leave a note about the condition of the cord.

If anyone here buys them, consider having alex or someone recable them.

If I were keeping them, I would recable.

Do those have serial numbers? Is there any way that you know what yours were before the sale? Two sets of phones == potential for a swap, in my mind.

And you have an obligation to state feedback, even if it's not entirely negative, that's the whole point of feedback. If he retaliates with anything other than the truth, report his post to a moderator.

Monkeyman, I'd wait until CanJam to buy. Surely they'll be a pair there somewhere. I'm actually curious to hear them again, with the pads not reversed this time. I'm not looking for more headphones, so, for me, it will strictly be a matter of seeing how far off my initial impressions were due on my own silliness in not checking to see what was wrong when it was clear something was wrong.

Well, good thing I listened to the wise words here. The D2000 and D5000 both sounded congested and stupid. The only time I heard the D5000 sound respectable was out of the HR Maxed Balanced. Otherwise, these are not my speed.

I got a chance to listen to both the 5000s and the 2000s. I have to say, the 5000s seem much better with the proper amp. With a small headroom amp (Micro line) the 2000s sounded much nice with more impact. The 5000s didnt have much of a impact and were a tad brighter. However, to my ears, the 5000s almost, and i said ALMOST, sound like a open can. The 2000s sound congested for sure.

I would use either, but would pair it with the proper system....

I dunno, i think they kinda fit my sound...remember when you didnt like the MS1 and i loved it =)

This could be a SIGN for me to get a pair =)

I enjoyed them with the Headroom amp lines.

That's right . I forgot. I disliked it so much I traded for a switchbox I've never used. Hey, another thing I can sell in my new purge cycle.

Hey Dom. As boomana mentioned that is what happened to me after owning it for a few weeks. I actually traded it for a HF-1 and cash on my end locally.

Just curious, what didnt you like about them?

Only thing off the top of my head was the earpads and the sweaty ear syndrome =)

In fact, the 2000s was going to be my possible next can purchase....after i upgraded my amp.

I bought them based on all the raving reviews, and how they were magic bullet. I think pretty much every can has been such over at the loony bin.

Other than Stax O2, K1000, HP2 or L3000, I'm pretty much done exploring phones I think.

Unless you really like headphones the HP-2 and L3000 are over valued right now. Considering how easily you can sell any one of them, all of them are worth trying out.