World War 3 Thread

Knuckledragger

From the link above it looks like Maersk isn't the only shipping outfit to pull out. It might be the biggest though by a decent margin.

Nestle's position is totally untenable. That it is "only" supplying  "essential" items like baby formula and pet food to Russia misses massively the point that a number of Ukrainian cities are under siege, the population is starving, and have had no power, food or potable water for weeks. And they are having seven kinds of shit bombed out of them daily.

Well Mr Ulf Mark Schneider with your $20m salary - how about some essential items for Ukraine? And how about pulling the plug on Russia, like over 400 companies so far?

Bastard.

• Like 2

I am not sure that the situation in Russia will cause more major cyber crime in the US but I guess there is a good chance that it will or already has.  So to my network security friends here:  what should (and can) do to protect ourselves (besides having secure passwords, 2 factor authentication, and updating our operating systems)?  Obviously, there are bigger issue to worry about but I can’t do anything to stop attacks on the oil pipeline, banks, electrical plants, etc.

2 hours ago, shellylh said:

I am not sure that the situation in Russia will cause more major cyber crime in the US but I guess there is a good chance that it will or already has.  So to my network security friends here:  what should (and can) do to protect ourselves (besides having secure passwords, 2 factor authentication, and updating our operating systems)?  Obviously, there are bigger issue to worry about but I can’t do anything to stop attacks on the oil pipeline, banks, electrical plants, etc.

I would be careful about public statements made about Russia .. and be careful what random super yachts you visit.

3 minutes ago, luvdunhill said:

I would be careful about public statements made about Russia .. and be careful what random super yachts you visit.

… oh and, avoid solving coffin problems.

3 hours ago, shellylh said:

There may be a few more targeted attacks. 

In the IT dept I worked in last year, we had a 60" TV displaying attempted network

intrusions. The topmost country was always China by far. Russia was always between 2-5

on the list. Russia will no doubt move up the list, but they would have a hard time becoming 

number one. The big issue in any IT dept is people based.  Careless browsing, people bringing

In unsecured laptops from outside. And the fact that HR never told us when someone left.

We had a ton of accounts active that should of been suspended.

With office 365, they could still use their email months after they left.