World War 3 Thread

Knuckledragger

Yes, but he also envisions chemical and biological clandestine attacks on the West. IOW Europe. He's already done that in Salisbury a couple of years ago with Novichok nerve agents. And poisoned Litvinenko on London with radioactive Polonium, resulting in Litvinenko being buried in a lead coffin.

That is the clear and present danger.

• Sad 2

• 1 month later...
17 minutes ago, naamanf said:

Wonder what the NATO designation will

be for sauna. 

Sierra
Alpha
Uniform
November
Alpha

"NATO recently installed a sauna in its headquarters. Coincidence? Maybe."

https://www.politico.eu/article/finland-sauna-culture-diplomacy-brussels/

but which  level?

"I remember visiting the Finnish embassy and them telling us about how they had three in their two buildings, a diplomatic sauna, a general sauna, and a sauna for the higher ups. You could definitely tell they were a little bit obsessed with it."

• Haha 1

Back in the day, I went on business to Israel for a week one January. It was anomalously warm, short sleeve shirt warm.

I then travelled to Finland with a change of planes at Frankfurt, where it was snowing. Landed at Helsinki and it was -40C (the only temperature that it the same in C and F). I saw locals at the airport taking fearsome looking thermal clothing out of lockers and though Oho I'm in trouble here. It is nose freezing up inside when you breath cold. My clothing was inadequate for the ridiculously cold temperature.

Eventually got to the hotel in a taxi with thick ice inside the windows, and our local marketer took me to the sauna there.

So in a single day, I'd gone from +22C to -40C then to +100C.

• Like 4

• 2 months later...
On 6/24/2023 at 3:34 AM, blessingx said:

Who noticed that the kid on the left has a poorly thumb? I reckon it was misusing his weapon and getting his thumb trapped by the recoil, or burnt on a hot bit. Not a good advert indeed.

Are we possibly missing something here?  Wagner and the Russian army for the moment seems to have all of a sudden made nice nice regarding the supposed "coup". Wagner/Prigozhin has moved 25K+ men into southern Belarus where coincidently there have been 33K+ Russian soldiers recently redeployed there as well. Both groups seem to be located in southern Belarus which happens to be north of Kyiv Ukraine's capital.  Timely move for the Russians given Ukraine's counter offensive in the south of Ukraine where resources are concentrated. 

Edited by Augsburger
  • Like 2

On 6/25/2023 at 11:15 PM, Augsburger said:

Are we possibly missing something here?  Wagner and the Russian army for the moment seems to have all of a sudden made nice nice regarding the supposed "coup". Wagner/Prigozhin has moved 25K+ men into southern Belarus where coincidently there have been 33K+ Russian soldiers recently redeployed there as well. Both groups seem to be located in southern Belarus which happens to be north of Kyiv Ukraine's capital.  Timely move for the Russians given Ukraine's counter offensive in the south of Ukraine where resources are concentrated. 

This does still potentially scare me.  According to latest reports, negotiations have resulted in Wagner/Prigozhin in "exile" in Belarus in exchange for not being prosecuted.  The news is calling it a blow against Putin, but if somehow they reconcile, it indeed does leave a large force there for relatively quick deployment....

• 1 month later...