Stax 4070 pricing?

Salt Peanuts

nah, i'm not as interested in the luna as I was a month or so ago, and roam's grado tweaking sounds 2 xtreme for me. I'm just going to get my rs-1 balanced and get a 4chbeta22. :angel:

Sounds like a good plan. Have you talked to Thrice yet? PFK is doing that too but apparently hasn't heard back from him in a little bit.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like a good plan. Have you talked to Thrice yet? PFK is doing that too but apparently hasn't heard back from him in a little bit.

Yeah, I'm #1 on the build list, "Jack J". O0 Thrice is still banging out the specifics on my amp (balanced loop out, two xlr ins, one rca in, I think is what I finally went with).

Not another PCB's don't sound as good as point to point debate... :mikey1:

No debate here. P-P is much better if it is done well while PCB's are cheaper and it is easier to get the same result time and time again with no skill. There are some things that have no place on a PCB such as signal and the filament wiring while I'm seeing this integrated more and more.

Btw. Post count is the only true measure of everything in this world... >:D

::) I disagree, as an engineer I see nothing inherently superior in PTP and more often than not it's not done well resulting in a product far more likely to fail or have issues.

More often then not it is very badly done (Single Power...) with no care take to damp the wire and the components and even less thought about the layout. The connecting wire is much better then a trace and the connections as well since they are mostly mechanical with the solder just to hold it together. Still I've yet to try out a solid silver/teflon PCB as they could be the best of both worlds. I wanted to get one for an Aristaeus that Carl and I were planing to build but Justin was reluctant to order them for me... ;D

Kondo is the name of the guy behind Audionote. The real Audionote aka Audionote Japan now mostly called Kondo or Kondo Audinote or vice versa or something.
Ugh. I've heard some audionote speakers, and they sucked. They turned any music that was in any way "busy" into a wall-of-sound mess. And no, I don't listen loudly, ask anyone.

AN UK was the international distributor and owned the name worldwide except in Japan. The distribution deal was canceled after some disagreements over the sales so Audio Note JP had to change its name and AN UK started to manufacture its own gear based on the original designs. Their gear is ok but they just don''t get the Japanese attention to detail and the design talent Kondo had.

I've talked to the people at Audio Note UK via e-mail before. I got the feeling that they're rather snobby people. I've also seem them actively attack anyone who claims that Kondo gear are on another level on forums and discussion boards.

It's also funny how they copied some of the names of Kondo's gear.

They are very elitist and the tiered upgrade system doesn't really work. The simple truth is that they are cutting corners by building on cheap PCB's and using fast drawn wires instead of P-P and age annealed wires.

The name thin is just silly. They also have an Ongaku and it is more expensive then the Kondo one with inferior components... >:(