RSA Predator

purk

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i've noticed that headphone amps are always in these kinda columns, instead of in regular reviews, could Stereophile ever actually review what we consider "normal" amps, due to their rule on a product having at least 5 dealers? if not, it kinda makes it hard...

Yeah Stereophile wouldn't do a formal review of most of the amps that are popular on Head-Fi due to their 5-dealer rule - RSA, HeadAmp, Eddie Current, Singlepower, Meier Audio, even those dinky Chinese brands like Little Dot and DarkVoice.

But that still leaves a nice chunk of headphone amps that they could review from the likes of: Creek, EAR Yoshino, Grado, Musical Fidelity, Naim, Pro-Ject, PS Audio, Rega, even Stax. Why Stereophile doesn't review those companies' headphone amps is a mystery...

Yeah Stereophile wouldn't do a formal review of most of the amps that are popular on Head-Fi due to their 5-dealer rule - RSA, HeadAmp, Eddie Current, Singlepower, Meier Audio, even those dinky Chinese brands like Little Dot and DarkVoice.

But that still leaves a nice chunk of headphone amps that they could review from the likes of: Creek, EAR Yoshino, Grado, Musical Fidelity, Naim, Pro-Ject, PS Audio, Rega, even Stax. Why Stereophile doesn't review those companies' headphone amps is a mystery...

I think you qualify as a HeadAmp dealer by now

They have reviewed the Stax Omega 2 MK1 with the 007t and 717. Unfortunately it's such a hopelessly useless review (80% setup/wanking/nonsense, 20% listening impressions).

I think you qualify as a HeadAmp dealer by now

Can I be your Icelandic distributor? :D

They have reviewed the Stax Omega 2 MK1 with the 007t and 717. Unfortunately it's such a hopelessly useless review (80% setup/wanking/nonsense, 20% listening impressions).

That review was by the epic waste of space Jonathan Scull so no wonder it was crap. The SR-Omega, ESP/950, HE60 and Orpheus reviews are all much better. I really should buy a scanner and upload all of this stuff... :palm:

Edit. Holy crap I own the SR-Omega they reviewed!!!!!!! Too bad it's the one with the 007 drivers but I thought the S/N.133 sounded familiar...

Stereophile added the Predator to their ongoing "500 Recommended Components" list - revealed in the October '08 issue. Along with the MF X-CAN V8.

So an enthusiastic review from Sam Tellig qualifies a product for inclusion in this list? :palm:

Didn't you read my reply at the X-Cans V8 thread? He's got a lot of power inside Stereophile. Bunch of morons OMG :palm:

I'm guessing that they let him have his way so that they don't have to hear him laugh his evil laugh. :rolleyes:

Quite possilble. I'd probably pay for not having to hear his evil-f***-laugh.

Edipis, I didn't like the V3 very much, I preferred my ole V2. Not heard the V8 yet, but don't have much interest to be honest.