RSA Predator

purk

From RSA's site:

Emmeline, "The PREDATOR"

October 16th, 2007

Ray Samuels Audio is proud to announce its latest state of the art component:

Emmeline, The Predator?

The Predator, portable headphone AMP/DAC combo, is designed to drive all headphones with ease, it has much lower floor noise than that of the Hornet and the Tomahawk. We have implemented a Lithium Ion rechargeable battery in The Predator, giving it the longest run time, 6-7 days of playback at 8 hours per day on one full charge. The amp has a three position gain switch to handle all kind of headphones sensitivities, making it the amp that does it all. The sound quality? Will let you be the judge of that.

More info would be released soon. New extrusion is being designed and manufactured to our specs to be available at the time when the PREDATOR will be released. Ray Samuels

Another amp/dac combo for your portable applications. :) So many of these are available now. I rather save my hearing for my home/work rig.

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it has the ability to cloak just like its namesake... I think we're going to need Arnie's help to deal with this threat.

I can't write a post to save my life when on my BlackBerry. Maybe I should just give up and wait until I get to a real computer. :P

If I could edit the post: "What if it has the ability to cloak just like its namesake? We may need Arnie's help in dealing with this threat."

I'd be willing to wager at least 10 Tomahawks that the Predator is months away from completion. When's the last time Ray didn't start selling something the minute it was ready?

well the word on the street is ray has indicated he is bringing the predator down to the florida meet. i suspect there is more than a 70% chance he will kept his word. he's had about three months to copy Justin's layout and overall design implementation, but internal layout and looks is where the similarities end. ray is over his head, but his rs congregation in religious zealot fashion will probably continue that blind faith devotion and eat up whatever he preaches as gospel.

well the word on the street is ray has indicated he is bringing the predator down to the florida meet. i suspect there is more than a 70% chance he will kept his word. he's had about three months to copy Justin's layout and overall design implementation, but internal layout and looks is where the similarities end.

Ray's layout is very different from Justin's from a technical perspective but I agree, visually they are strikingly similar. Rays DAC is basically a Bithead, Justin's is more along the lines of the Ultra Micro DAC - to make a comparison to existing products. Rays amp section is just a detuned Hornet (same layout, different opamps), I don't know enough about the Pico to speak about its amplification section.

ray is over his head, but his rs congregation in religious zealot fashion will probably continue that blind faith devotion and eat up whatever he preaches as gospel.

Way over his head. Can't wait till we see how he really plans on charging the battery, as there is no charging

circuitry on the predator itself. Predition, its gonna explode.

On ray's website he says it is going to have less noise than all his other portables. Nothing is further from the truth.

Because of the addition of a rail splitter compared to the tomahawk, its going to make at least 3db more noise...

The religious zealots will eventually turn away. Its going to take one more really shitty product from ray to get that to happen.

Ray's layout is very different from Justin's from a technical perspective but I agree, visually they are strikingly similar.

visually similar is exactly what i intended to convey. thanks for clearing that up. ;)

Way over his head. Can't wait till we see how he really plans on charging the battery, as there is no charging

circuitry on the predator itself. Predition, its gonna explode.

as we know all too well, ray has a proven track record of selling shit even if it has problems.

oops spelling errors... :D

I prediciate that its gonna explode sending lithium and manganese schrapnel all over the place.

I've been in the same room when an apple laptop battery exploded, definitely not a pretty sight.

Also this... Ray is missing the REQUIRED cap on the VCOM pin of his pcm2704 implementation.

Going to sound like shit without that cap. Distortion and noise thru the roof.

Ray talking about noise levels. Highly entertaining.

Also this... Ray is missing the REQUIRED cap on the VCOM pin of his pcm2704 implementation.

Of course, now that you've said that he's going to have a $200 upgrade plan to put the cap in. Kinda like how he charged a shitload of money to "fix" the cRaptor power supply with a slightly less broken PSU.

oops spelling errors... :D

I prediciate that its gonna explode sending lithium and manganese schrapnel all over the place.

I've been in the same room when an apple laptop battery exploded, definitely not a pretty sight.

Ray talking about noise levels. Highly entertaining.

These boards being public forums, I think he will most likely pay attention to this thread and address many of these issues before he actually releases the damn things. Do we want this to happen? :angel:

And also he is probably going to delay it; that means we have to wait longer for the "fun". :dance:

Of course, we don't want to have his buyers be upset too much. Right?

I would be more than happy to help my good friend ray shambles. :dance:

Does everyone know that ray considers justin his son??? Go look at that thread, post # 289

The balls of this man are of phenominal size. Is this how all christian palestinian refugee's

from the 1967 war act???

fact is that he has already done the circuit boards, and paid for the extrusion.

unless he changes his big penis cap for something smaller, he won't have room

for the required coupling cap size.