RSA Predator

purk

You didn't honestly expect him to answer technical questions, did you asshat? Ray is clearly very guarded about the components and design of his amps, for whatever reason, that hardly makes him a douchebag and should have told you ahead of time that you were shouting into the wind even trying to ask technical questions.
[snarky]Besides, he'd have to look them up.[/snarky]

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny how he can post an update, but chooses to ignore any questions he has about the tech side of the amp...douchebag.

Nate, why is it that only a couple weeks ago, you were singing Ray's praises, and now you're calling him a douchebag? How could your opinion have changed so much without actually hearing anything new? How much is forum-selective sentiment vs any reality? You worry me.

I'm calling him a douchebag cause I've sent him PMs on other forums, as well as eMails WEEKS before the outtage of Head-Fi, which lasted 3 weeks. I've gotten not even "I'll get back to you when I'm not so busy" reply. Which atleast, would have been somewhat understandable.

I guess you can call my "singing him praise" in ignorance. Sure, I own an original Hornet and love it, but that doesn't say I respect the guy on a personal level. Especially after getting ignored on several fronts. After I've started to read about his whining (not just hear-say, but the posts themselves) whenever says ANYTHING on a critisizing level, he whines. Very unmature of him to whine about not being able to goto a PUBLIC meet either. So what, you're not invited, STFU already. And his business practices of "allegedly" copying designs and calling him his own are also shady IMO. So what if you copied it, big deal. It's the audio industry, it's done on a regular basis. Atleast other people who do copy it, don't claim it to be novel and revolutionary and it be able to drive EVERYTHING.

My suspicions were correct on the 1st meet I went to where he had a Hornet hooked up to an A/B switch and one of his larger home amps, can't remember exactly which one. But it was funny how alot of people at the meet were like "that's amazing, it sounds just like the home amp!", NOT going "why the fuck would you buy that $$$$ amp if it sounds the same as the portable?" And people STILL continued to buy his full size amp. WTF? Is it just me or does that seem rediculously stupid? I'm thinking said A/B switch was just a switch to cut out sound for a second and it was hooked to just one amp.

In anycase, I'll admit I'm guilty of owning one of his products (as said above). But there's a reason I own it over another portable. It has a pretty case and the gain switches are external. Pretty much a matter convenience and looks for the price I paid for it (~60% of sticker), it made it a dece deal. There's no way in hell I'de pay full price for one of his products.

Call this bitching I guess...but it irks the crap outta me when I had a legitimate question, and it tried to get shot down by mods until I made it BLATENTLY apparent is was of valid question which deems to be answered. Funny how all questions before and after mine are answered by him...especially ones of crap which could be gathered just by reading the thread. In my book, avoiding any technical question of yours on an upcoming product that ISN'T of proprietary nature (like a design secret, etc), makes you a douchebag. Man up if your design sucks...don't cry about it.

I'm only suggesting that if one really read the story of Ray here and it changed the way they view things that they should also then know better than to expect answers to technical questions. He never has, nor do I expect he ever will, provide technical details about his products. In fact, if I'm not mistaken, he's actually removed some of that content from his updated website.

You're really working at turning that 'jr' into 'sr', aren't you?

Meh...what's in a name? Hell, I didn't even know you were a mod till just now...that's how insignificant/meaningless those titles are to me...

My opinion of Ray was before I came to head-case, however short it were, it's still crap that he can't answer a question, especially if it means a sale. I'm not in the financial position to say "meh, I'll drop $500 to see if I like it..." I'de expect ANY question asked to be answered...meh...

Meh...what's in a name? Hell, I didn't even know you were a mod till just now...that's how insignificant/meaningless those titles are to me...

My opinion of Ray was before I came to head-case, however short it were, it's still crap that he can't answer a question, especially if it means a sale. I'm not in the financial position to say "meh, I'll drop $500 to see if I like it..." I'de expect ANY question asked to be answered...meh...

You sir, are a fucktard.

I'm with Jacob -- I'm not seeing a preponderance of fucktardation.

I don't see it either, I guess I just see it like this: if you go pound sand are you really surprised that you ended up pounding sand? Ray's not going to answer technical questions, period. He's behaved like this from the moment I met him and I've been given numerous reasons why this is likely to never change. Does this make him a douchebag, no, does it make him someone that I'm less likely to give my money to, absolutely. I think there's a big difference between the two, but that's just me.