What's the deal with custom titles?

Elephas

What's the forum policy regarding custom titles? They just appear and change suddenly?

Who are the authorities here, anyway? I'm under the impression there's someone called Reks who acts a bit bossy, but several other members seem pushy and bossy as well.

Is there anyone I can bribe in order to get a better title? I might be willing to cough up a NOS W11JPN or somesuch. A PFR-V1 is doable.

What's the forum policy regarding custom titles? They just appear and change suddenly?

Who are the authorities here, anyway? I'm under the impression there's someone called Reks who acts a bit bossy, but several other members seem pushy and bossy as well.

Is there anyone I can bribe in order to get a better title? I might be willing to cough up a NOS W11JPN or somesuch. A PFR-V1 is doable.

Aw, denied by my own son. ;D At least he knows a thing or two about portables.

As for the Distrubing Trends thread, I know it was rude of me to suggest that portable amps suck with K701s and HD650s, but I find it interesting that some people need to make themselves happy by deciding I'm...let's see...snobbish, elitist, condescending, ridiculing, AND belitting rather than think saving their money to buy something more suitable than a $100 Go-Vibe for certain headphones isn't a bad suggestion. Ah well. I'm done.

As for the Distrubing Trends thread, I know it was rude of me to suggest that portable amps suck with K701s and HD650s, but I find it interesting that some people need to make themselves happy by deciding I'm...let's see...snobbish, elitist, condescending, ridiculing, AND belitting rather than think saving their money to buy something more suitable than a $100 Go-Vibe for certain headphones isn't a bad suggestion. Ah well. I'm done.

Ahhh the fun of going against the Head-fi grain... ::)

I find it to be probably one of the best HF threads in a long while. There's just way too many people that say portable amps can meet or exceed home amps many times the price.

And people take quotes way out of context. I remember ASR's initial comments regarding the AE-2 having some similarities to the GS-1. Not to long after that I remember reading someone else saying something along the line of a member stating the AE-2 was as good as the GS-1, referring I assume to ASR's comments.

you're a high roller too, now, you ungrateful baby elephant. you try to help someone out, and maybe jazz up their custom title line, and this is what you get: complaints. sheesh.

:)

in the year 2010 when head-case grows into a behemoth, members will wish, beg and bitch for a custom title, but edipis will be far too busy to accommodate the masses with such petty things. just be grateful he didn't ban you for your pestilent insolence and public raucous over a trivial matter you ungrateful swine. :P

cower now and you might be shown mercy from thou who is merciful, powerful, and wise. :laugh:

in the year 2010 when head-case grows into a behemoth, members will wish, beg and bitch for a custom title, but edipis will be far too busy to accommodate the masses with such petty things. just be grateful he didn't ban you for your pestilent insolence and public raucous over a trivial matter you ungrateful swine. :P

cower now and you might be shown mercy from thou who is merciful, powerful, and wise. :laugh:

So you're saying Reks will become the new Jude? I can see that.... :o

you're a high roller too, now, you ungrateful baby elephant. you try to help someone out, and maybe jazz up their custom title line, and this is what you get: complaints. sheesh.

:)

I'm not scared! Mamma will protect me from all you lions, leopards and ugly hyenas! :( :'(

I haven't eaten my peanuts today, where's my peanut, whaaaaaaa, boooooohoooooo, Maaaammaaaa! (Don't worry, just a temporary glitch causing a "bhd812/trose49 typing-style" simulation) >:D