Spirit Torino Valkyria Titanium

johnwmclean

1. I know this is a personal preference thing but I do not care for their chosen aesthetic. 

2. Straight to cloud 7... What the?  I think they meant cloud 9 but it still would be a bizarre statement to make about a headphone. The internets do have some references to cloud 7 but whatever.

3. I'm really hoping Justin didn't write this ad copy. :kitty:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 4/28/2022 at 2:55 PM, n_maher said:

1. I know this is a personal preference thing but I do not care for their chosen aesthetic. 

2. Straight to cloud 7... What the?  I think they meant cloud 9 but it still would be a bizarre statement to make about a headphone. The internets do have some references to cloud 7 but whatever.

3. I'm really hoping Justin didn't write this ad copy. :kitty:

"Cloud nine" (highest bliss) is not referred to in non-English speaking countries, where as "Seventh heaven" (Aristoteles) is more widely used in different vernaculars; "Sjunde himlen" where I live. Surely something similar in Italian.

A classic mix-up. It's difficult to grade pleasure, it comes in many forms. My most recent sonic one is a renovated SR-X Pro, around 200 bucks in all. I find it hard to believe this Spirit thing provides 50 times more "bliss", but I'm open to new delights.

Any technical information about the drivers?

Edited by mdr30

It is quite odd. I've never heard cloud 7, only cloud 9. The interwebs says cloud 9 became the more popular saying in the 80's, and I can certainly confirm that is complete crap. I never heard cloud 7 in the 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's or anytime after. It pays to be old and call people on their shit.

I think it's just their 17th nervous breakdown. 

• Haha 1

Yeah, cloud 7 is pretty rare/non-existent here, but the connection to 7th Heaven, which honestly at this point isn’t very popular here either, I didn’t know. That said Frank Borzage‘s amazing late silent, 20s film (by that name) certainly references. Here’s its most famous scene (and largest technical innovation). 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...