Team Audio-Technica Unite!

Elephas

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think it's more like "craziness and insanity." I'm sure some head-casers can come up with more colorful language.

Let me help you out here, with a little guide to Head-Case descriptions:

If you are referring to a person you disagree with, dislike, hate, wish to murder, wish AIDS upon, moderately like, never met, or never formed an opinion about, replace their name with "cocksucker"

If you ever need to use the adjective: extremely, very, massively, huge, etc.: replace with fucking

If you ever need another work to fill in a gap: fuck works wonders.

Think someone is stupid? Asshat.

Need something extra to say? Just include a joke about postjack's sexuality.

For example:

A translation of your sentence:

'I think it's more like "craziness and insanity." ' = What the fuck, you cocksucker. Get that shit right. "Asshattery and fucking crazy motherfuckers abound in this reject of a brothel. Postjack is the nicest smelling gay man I have ever met.

See? Not that difficult :)

Update to the list, I've finally heard the HE90 and PS-1.

My Top 5 (not necessarily in order (OK, OK, sort of in order)): HE90, SR-007, R10, K1000, HE60, 4070, L3000, W5000, PS-1

I suspect the R10 will move behind the HE90 after you receive the Supra XLR. Hope you get it soon man. BTW, my ES-1 is coming in 4 days. :)

Once I receive my amp, I'm going to do a shootout between my balanced L3000, a normal L3000 and a less bassy R10 (plus my balanced HD650 and Qualia).

Hearing a normal L3000 and the aforementioned R10 out of a Grace 902 at the Danish head-fi meet made me want to boost the treble a bit on the L3000 or boost the bass on the R10. I still need to form an opinion on how they both handle the precious midrange.

Let me help you out here, with a little guide to Head-Case descriptions:

If you are referring to a person you disagree with, dislike, hate, wish to murder, wish AIDS upon, moderately like, never met, or never formed an opinion about, replace their name with "cocksucker"

If you ever need to use the adjective: extremely, very, massively, huge, etc.: replace with fucking

If you ever need another work to fill in a gap: fuck works wonders.

Think someone is stupid? Asshat.

Need something extra to say? Just include a joke about postjack's sexuality.

For example:

A translation of your sentence:

'I think it's more like "craziness and insanity." ' = What the fuck, you cocksucker. Get that shit right. "Asshattery and fucking crazy motherfuckers abound in this reject of a brothel. Postjack is the nicest smelling gay man I have ever met.

See? Not that difficult :)

LOL, can we get this stickified? I think I'll need to refer to it whenever I post a reply.

Yeah, "the Loud One" is good. I'm just glad Mamma isn't around, or she would slap him silly.

I really like what I'm hearing with the APureSound recabled L3000. Soundstage, air, imaging and yes, treble is improved, the exact same areas where I've always felt the stock W5000 did better than the stock L3000, both driven by the AT-HA5000.

I was listening to Budda-Bar IX with it and thought, "How can this not be in the Top 5? Of course it is in the Top 5."

I have high hopes for the L3000 w/balanced V3 cable + Supra XLR.

I suspect the R10 will move behind the HE90 after you receive the Supra XLR. Hope you get it soon man. BTW, my ES-1 is coming in 4 days. :)

I've been listening to the O2 and 4070 recently and not the R10, so the "rankings" might reflect that.

I'm the unfortunate type who likes whatever headphone he happens to be listening to at the time.

Your ES-1... I hate you.

• 2 weeks later...

You should get a W11r, they're supposed to be really, really good ;)

Looks like you've convinced me to start looking for one even though my expectations aren't too high. :D Wow, I was not ware of how high the market price for them were. I checked up on past auctions and they have been consistently selling for more than the W2k2 and JPN. *slaps self*

I've never seen a W11R for sale. If I did it wouldn't be for sale anymore.

My Top 5 (not necessarily in order (OK, OK, sort of in order)): HE90, SR-007, R10, K1000, HE60, 4070, L3000, W5000, PS-1

Update to the Top 5: HE90, SR-007, SR-Omega, R10, K1000, HE60, 4070, L3000 w/APureSound V3, W5000 w/Enigma Oracle, PS-1 w/Black Dragon

Why not just call it a top 10? :)

Hehe, true. :)

I've never seen a W11R for sale. If I did it wouldn't be for sale anymore.

Update to the Top 5: HE90, SR-007, SR-Omega, R10, K1000, HE60, 4070, L3000 w/APureSound V3, W5000 w/Enigma Oracle, PS-1 w/Black Dragon

Haha well, I've seen them come up once in a while. ;) Rarer than W2k2 and L3k. Relatively expensive though.

Er, ah... ahem... actually I prefer the SR-Omega and SR-007 over the L3000 w/APureSound V3 cable.

Both STAX are more detailed, have better clarity, air and notes separation, better imaging and soundstaging. They also equal the L3000 in terms of refinement.

Bass quality and iquantity is close, but the STAXes concede this category to the mighty L3000.

The 4070 can't match the L3000's refinement or bass quality, but it is more detailed.

Amplification is probably a factor, I'm looking forward to hearing the balanced L3000.

It's been a couple of months. These aren't new amps but upgrades, so they are probably lower priority.

I don't mind waiting, the longer the wait the more I'll appreciate it when it arrives.

If I don't receive the Supra XLR or ES-1 from Mikhail by April 2008 I might as well go pick them up myself at Can Jam 2008.

Are you planning on being there? That would be great.

Yeah, it would be nice for the herd to be together, but at the moment I'm not planning to go. Except for the Qualia, I already have every headphone I'm interested in. Regarding amps, maybe ignorance is bliss, and safer for the wallet.

-

The W5000 is one of my favorites: detailed with superb imaging, good soundstaging and plenty of air. Tonality, body and warmth are its weak points. It is very sensitive to recording quality and the source, and can sometimes seem too thin and sharp-sounding. Under optimum conditions, I think the W5000 w/Enigma Oracle + AT-HA5000 can compete with electrostats (HE90, HE60, SR-Omega, SR-007, 4070, SR-SC1).

Er, I hope the Stax Mafia isn't around, I'll be kicked out of the gang.