Mnaufacturer Forum?

hirsch

All of which are why I like having you for a fan. I don't need people idolizing me, I want enthusiast fans who truely enjoy our product to have the opportunity to talk about the values the recieve with HeadRoom products. Saddly, however, many people are not as civilized as we might hope, and those folks will spoil the party for the rest of us.

I see a long hard slog. I see that slog continuing on Head-Fi. I think it may be a bit of a "grass is greener" fantasy to think human nature will be substantively different here than there. I think building a headphone enthusiast community is worth doing and putting a lot of work into. Why? Because that average consumer is getting ripped off, and the sacred art of music is worth better treatment than that. I think Head-Fi has NEVER found it's purpose. That purpose is to make broad expert opinion on headphones widely available in a clear manner. I've told Jude any number of times about ideas I've had that should work well with the tools at his disposal to make it easier to access excellent opinions and it hasn't happened yet. No fucking surprise, why should he really put his nose to the grindstone to work on improving Head-Fi when there's nothing in it but hard work, no money, and various pissed off factions of complaint.

I see this board as a symptom of the larger issue that Head-Fi isn't well governed....or well enough governed. I don't really blame it on Jude, as he was just doing something very nice by providing the board and bandwidth, and I don't blame it on the mods because there is only so much they can do. But if a Headphone Community board is to live on healthy and growing to the extent possible into the future someone is going to have to make a serious job of it, and Jude has (probably wisely, as one business to run is plenty) not taken on that task. I'll add that that task has significant risk and a lot of work related to it.

I don't see much more then a natural evolution head-fi has met , since it's been the first graphically and widely available forum on headphones of the world ; it's natural for me it's becoming a "normal" forum ( and not an elected one ) as music , music portability , quality and audio is getting more and more common , and normal , and world wide.

If I was Jude I wouldn't probably have done many things differently from what he has done ( bar some particular situation , created on and mainly related to amp-builders ) ; he's left the forum widely available , for all , limitating very few aspects of discussions , and not getting the forum itself into commercial ( until lately , as I understand head-fi is also little bit of a business now - but I don't blame jude for doing this , I understand running the site is very dispendious ) .

Still I HIGLY miss the reintroduction of the outside forums , which I was in and surfing the most on ; and was there where i met , and knew , and spoke some members out of the hedaphones , and grew some respect and affection for some of them ( in contrast to the affects created by the share of a passion only ) .