Rank Your Headphones

Nanoha

ooh, what is this? your diy drivers?

No, not really. The Thunderdome prototype is really just fancy rhetoric. In reality it's just Tina Turner sitting piggy backed on his shoulders, singing.

There is little to no listening fatigue, but the back fatigue is hell after 30 minutes.

He has to keep adjusting her on his shoulders, and there's one position where one forgets all about the music reproduction, and just gets lost in velvety richness.

No, not really. The Thunderdome prototype is really just fancy rhetoric. In reality it's just Tina Turner sitting piggy backed on his shoulders, singing.

i think he is referring to the surrounder prototype originally used by tina turner in mad max, later matted out in post production due to a licensing disagreement.

thunderdome.jpg

You've said it all with your cocky arrogance Scotsman.

We shall soon have the plans in our grubby mits at your soonest wrong move. The minions are gathering as we speak!

Stay back! I've got a soldering iron and I'm fairly certain I have a rough idea of how to use it quite badly!

There is little to no listening fatigue, but the back fatigue is hell after 30 minutes.

He has to keep adjusting her on his shoulders, and there's one position where one forgets all about the music reproduction, and just gets lost in velvety richness.

Haha

I've said nothing and I continue to say nothing.

Tina Turner made u sign a non-disclosure agreement huh? darn :(

1) YH1k

Bastard!!! :P

The YH-1000 was my first high end headphone. I bought them in the early '80s, but the strut broke within a year. I replaced them with a new K340, but I'd love to find a YH-1000 again.

Congrats! Give 'em lots-o-luv!

Bastard!!! :P

The YH-1000 was my first high end headphone. I bought them in the early '80s, but the strut broke within a year. I replaced them with a new K340, but I'd love to find a YH-1000 again.

Congrats! Give 'em lots-o-luv!

hehee. Maybe your old pair is lying in a box somewhere on your property!

It's a shame they are so scarce. I would imagine that it might not be to everyones tastes (especially those who really like v.prominent trebles), but midrange is the best iv heard to far.

Lets hope more pairs turn up on the market.

The strut can be fixed. (You didn't throw them away, did you?)

I lost track of them years ago. I had no idea how difficult they'd be to find, or how valuable they'd become.

This was also back when headphone amps really didn't exist, and the YH-1000 really needs power to shine.