Predator question...

oicdn

Assumnig you're not just saying that in jest, a lot of it is that on Head Fi, if anything against Ray is said, people are on it like crocodiles, and I for one, don't want to deal with that. On here it's easier to hold a contrarian opinion.

nope, i definitely meant it. i agree with your assessment of head-fi and is one of the reasons i rarely visit the place anymore

Paging Boomana....

I can't even touch that one :)

Assumnig you're not just saying that in jest, a lot of it is that on Head Fi, if anything against Ray is said, people are on it like crocodiles, and I for one, don't want to deal with that. On here it's easier to hold a contrarian opinion.

It's not just with Ray or RSA products, it's pretty much with any strong opinion these days. Make a strong statement that is anything less than enthusiastic about a headphone, an amp, or a passing dislike of artichokes, and someone will take personal offense, start crying foul, and begin whining about snobs and slinging ad hominem attacks. It's become tedious to remain rational when it increasingly serves little purpose.

Here, it's almost as bad, but in a different way. It's a preaching to the choir contrarian mentality when it comes to RSA: reverse fanboyism. I'm not saying the opinions might not be right, but it's tiring to watch at least half the threads on other topics turn into RSA bashing threads. Sorry, guys. It's boring.

That said, I like visiting both places.

Oh...and welcome, Nate.

Here, it's almost as bad, but in a different way. It's a preaching to the choir contrarian mentality when it comes to RSA: reverse fanboyism. I'm not saying the opinions might not be right, but it's tiring to watch at least half the threads on other topics turn into RSA bashing threads. Sorry, guys. It's boring.
(adopts heavy Russian immigrant accent) But at least here in America, you can -- how do you say -- "call us on it"...you can tell us we're boring. And we hear it, and we wear insult like badge on sleeve. Over there in communist Russia, one risks being silenced or perhaps much worse consequences. So we wave flags a little more strongly, yes? Do you really blame us? Yes, it gets a bit redundant, only because we continue to give people like Billy and tyrion and trose the freedom to keep stirring shit up. Over there, people get "disappeared".

I absolutely agree that in certain ways, this place is just as bad as HF. Just take a look at that thread here where the guy askes for our opinion of his amps. He blatantly says "I have only heard RSA products" and just a day or two ago comes in to say he has seen the light. What light? You still have not heard another amp. He is just getting his info from the rest of us, and taking it as the absolute truth.

However, I have also experienced here, the idea of "Hey if you like it, then so be it. You are still a MOT, douchbag, asshole, but at least you can think on your own."

Not a single moderator over there that has ever owned an electrostatic product.

Ray can't steal any useful designs without untold amount of grief, and is

completely incapable of coming up with anything on his own. Therefore

the mods ignore the stax threads.

I just love Ray's reason for not "designing" an electrostatic amp. It's because the bass isn't good... ::)

Those idiots are always waiting for the next great dynamic to come along and have never even heard how musical a vintage 'stat can be.

You're searching a little hard to find controversy there. 99% of Head-Fi reads your post and looks like this.

Confused-Dog-Note-Card-I11765891.jpeg

And the 1% that can read and comprehend what you're saying doesn't care because they already knew it. Plenty of manufacturers use a higher gain to give the perception that their amp has more power or to accommodate low gain sources more easily. Most ignorant users get concerned if they have to turn the volume pot up more than half way.

Appears mother Russia tried to shut me down:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?p=3413563#post3413563

"end speculation"

WTF? My question hasn't been answered, fired back and it appears I'm now getting ignored as it was infact a valid question/point to be made present and answered.

Nice one...

I absolutely agree that in certain ways, this place is just as bad as HF. Just take a look at that thread here where the guy askes for our opinion of his amps. He blatantly says "I have only heard RSA products" and just a day or two ago comes in to say he has seen the light. What light? You still have not heard another amp. He is just getting his info from the rest of us, and taking it as the absolute truth.

However, I have also experienced here, the idea of "Hey if you like it, then so be it. You are still a MOT, douchbag, asshole, but at least you can think on your own."

If you're talking about me ("truth about my amps thread"), you must have read another thread ::)

I also got a Corda Aria, and have heard other HOME amps, but not other portables. And in general i was curious about the technical sophistication of my amps.

And as far as i know, i've never "seen the light" ??? wtf.....

absolute truth? i think you really should read the thread again....

If it's not me, i haven't said anything ;)

You're searching a little hard to find controversy there. 99% of Head-Fi reads your post and looks like this.

And the 1% that can read and comprehend what you're saying doesn't care because they already knew it. Plenty of manufacturers use a higher gain to give the perception that their amp has more power or to accommodate low gain sources more easily. Most ignorant users get concerned if they have to turn the volume pot up more than half way.

Good point, lol.

Damn, Nate, if I didn't know better, I'd think you had me in mind when you wrote this post. :D

But my wife says I look cuter than that dog. :dance:

OP, some posts here have an extra helping of attitude, keep an open mind and don't take anything too personally.

I've been a member here for about two months. My opinion of my RSA amps haven't changed, I still like the Raptor and don't think much of the Hornet and Tomahawk.

My experience with amps is a lot less than many members, though, so I'm always interested in different viewpoints.

Not a single moderator over there that has ever owned an electrostatic product.

Ray can't steal any useful designs without untold amount of grief, and is

completely incapable of coming up with anything on his own. Therefore

the mods ignore the stax threads.

Not entirely true. Immtbiker has a Stax SM-001 MKII/HE-60/O2 (I think too maybe he sold it) and I think an HE90 that I want to say he is borrowing from GoRedWings? Maybe someone else.

And i think he is rocking the woo electrostatic amp. Yeah I think he sold his O2/stax amp combo.

Not entirely true. Immtbiker has a Stax SM-001 MKII/HE-60/O2 (I think too maybe he sold it) and I think an HE90 that I want to say he is borrowing from GoRedWings? Maybe someone else.

And i think he is rocking the woo electrostatic amp. Yeah I think he sold his O2/stax amp combo.

He's the exception