• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the same thoughts when I met Nate too. He's so DIY!*

*Dreamy Internet Yutz

O0 DAMN! :kitty:

haha! ;D

I only hoped that the manufacturer would have the sense to replace the cable with something with lower capacitance and drop the 5 pin Neutric connector in favor of the Stax one.

You mean the Stax 5 pin? :doghuh:

Yup. The other one is easy to find but some idiot might try to run his balanced headphones from the 5 pin jack

damn son, i runned my rs1 balance d from the jack in my SRD-7 with my 840a powerin that shit like loud, damn. i turn up the volpot to the loudest, blew my fool head up on that new shit, it was like OUT RAGEOUS :dance:

That seems highly unlikely, doesn't it? No current production dynamic uses a 5 pin jack and the only out-of-production that comes to mind is the K340.

I think that the various semi-vintage phones in the Euro market that used a 4 or 5 pin connector used DIN donnectors rather than XLR ones anyway.

kinda shocked no one is really talking about those chinese orpheus clones. They looked really decent, and sounded really good. Should be affordable for most people (with an amp too).

They sounded pretty good. They had a solid bass that falls in between the HE-90 and HE-60, leaning more towards the 60.

I found them to be too bright during some crescendos on some of my reference CD's, spoke to Fang about it and he said the SS amp only had a couple of hours on it.

So I took them over to Jack's GES and as BB King would say, "The shrill was gone" :laugh: I own an upgraded version of Woo's GES and am thinking seriously about buying a pair of the clones (should be available in 2 months). I need to demo them at home in a quiet room before pulling the trigger.

Even though Fang is pure vendor at meets, I've had many interactions with him, and he's one of the good guys. Usually gives away a lot of stuff at meets. Got a pair of PK-1's at one meet last year and his cheaper $39 pair of VSONIC VS-R02 (now my daughter's) at a second meet. He's a "Type B" kinda saleman.

Used car and insurance salesman.

Update- I have a borrowed pair of the Chinese clones, and they are definitely worth the money. The build quality is not up to HE-90 standards (although the Orpheus swivel cups seem like an afterthought) but for the money, anyone who enjoys an electrostat should have one of these in their stable. I really can't say anything bad about the HEAUDIO 1.2

's except for some exposed wiring inside that could cause a hair raising experience. So far so good.

They certainly look nice from Absorbine_Sr's pictures. I'd just be worried about what would happen if they broke, I don't know of many Chinese companies that have great built quality and customer service :P

I understand Fang is a great guy but the Yuin stuff is much cheaper than a $1000+ product.