Hoping this will be mine by the end of the day

boomana

The Bailey just arrived, but the lame Fed Ex guy wouldn't even help wheel it in with his cart thingy. I now have a 140 lb wooden crate sitting at my door. Must go scout for muscled (preferably good-looking) neighbors to help. Unfortunately, it's usually just me and the old folks hanging out around here during the day.

Just get a tin of spinach down you, youll be lifting that crate with one hand in no time.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just get a tin of spinach down you, youll be lifting that crate with one hand in no time.

Ain't doing a Popeye when I can find cute men to do the work for me. I'm going to look for some now. One thing I can say for the old Popeye cartoons from the 60s (yes, I'm that old) is the music was great.

Yeah thats always fun, I remember when my current sub first arrived and at the time I was living in a townhouse and I had the HT setup upstairs. Lots of fun, dragging the 150 lbs up a flight of stairs. At least it slides pretty well on carpet :).

I'm actually getting rid of it soon if anyone wants it. Going to replace it with one of the new SVS PC-Ultra's. Much smaller footprint and weighs about 60 lbs less.

Victor Wooten - Live in America - Disc 2 -Miller Time

Super Bass

Ray Brown - Live at the Loa

Christian McBride - Live at the Tonic

Vicki, take a pic of your set up when you get a chance. I bet the Abby's with the Bailey sound great. I feel bad that I wasn't the one to sell you the Bailey.

Did you even have the Bailey? Mike, I just realized that I paid more for the Bailey than the Abbys. I wish you'd sold it to me as well.

From the suggestions so far, the only two I own are the Barber (not in the mood) and this:

SUR23.jpg

I haven't even listened to it on speakers yet, so Duggeh ftw!

I love the bass on Patricia Barbers "Shes a lady" On the modern cool album.

Congrats, and have a blast! :dance:

I have to agree with Tom on this one, the bass on "She's a Lady" is really pretty stunning.

Though I like the 1812 Overture recommendation as well ;D

Did you even have the Bailey? Mike, I just realized that I paid more for the Bailey than the Abbys. I wish you'd sold it to me as well.

Never had the Bailey, but if I did, I would have sold it to you. :)

One of these days when I am on my way back from one of my day trips up the coast, I will try to stop by to check it out.