What happened to Head-fi?

nickknutson

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The latest at head-fi.org. That really sucks for Jude and whoever is helping him.

2007-11-14 1025 EST

We are still at the datacenter, working with the vendor and OS team in Europe to restore the NAS. Even with 16 gigabytes of memory, the file system repair ran out of memory. The OS team in Europe has since upgraded our version of the file system repair program, which is apparently more efficient and less memory-intensive. It is in process right now, but getting it re-configured (including installing still another drive to provide ~160GB of swap) took most of the night. I have, for the most part, been at this datacenter since Saturday night. I have my portable rig to help me block out the din of the thousands of servers behind me in this datacenter, but I'm so ready to go home, and I'm so ready to get back to Head-Fi'ing with the rest of you.

Thank you for your patience, and, once again, sorry.

Guest sacd lover

i only found this place b/c of the outage. surprised i never heard of it - though it's not like i was looking for another forum.

Any info about this forum is dutifully suppressed by the other forum.

Guest sacd lover

i only found this place b/c of the outage. surprised i never heard of it - though it's not like i was looking for another forum.

Try to mention this site on head-fi and watch how fast the post disappears and how quickly you get a warning pm not to mention the site again.