Happy Birthday The Monkey and Xand1X

grawk

i haven't had the Glenmorangie Burgundy, but the regular expressions have become my dessert Scotch (i.e. Scotch i drink with dessert at a nice restaurant) of choice.

that's whisky, though, and he asked for whiskey. Pappy Van Winkle 15yo Bourbon is a good whiskey.

If X really meant what he typed and wanted to limit himself to American or Irish whiskeys and exclude Scotch or Canadian Whisky, then Pappy VW is a nice choice. Tyll had a bottle of the 20yr at Head-Fest and I knocked back a sizeable amount from a HeadRoom mug saturday night. Very nice.

Knob Creek is everyday bourbon, but Black Maple Hill makes some nice whiskeys. I also like a good rye whiskey, and have mostly run through a bottle of Sazerac 18yr. Next I want to try the Black Maple Hill 18yr or maybe the 23yr, which is way too pricey and very hard to find.

I have a sealed pint bottle of Old Taylor in its original box ("Spiritus Frumenti") that was casked in 1919 and bottled in 1933 during prohibition. The bottle and box are labeled "For Medicinal Purposes" and the box actually markets that by stating it is "Unexcelled for Medicinal Use!" My grandfather collected mini bottle from the 30s-50s that I also have, but the Old Taylor is most excellent. 100+ years old. Wonder what it tastes like? :doghuh: