Can I fix my Marantz SR 7011?

shellylh

Moved my old Marantz SR 7100 receiver.  The left front channel is not working (not much sound).  Is it possible to set another channel (it 9.1 I think) so that the receiver outputs the Left front sound to it (I will be doing a 3.1 system) or should I just get a new receiver.   I tried to output the front to Zone 2 and the center in the main Zone but it didn't really work.  Yumi is going to be using this so I would probably go with an all in one to make it easy for her when I am not around - and don't want to overspend on this system since it is mostly for HT.  The speakers are KEF Q950 + Q650 center. 

Unfortunately, it's unlikely to be economically repairable or possible to remap another channel to the FL channel.  I've looked at a few similar things and in my experience it's very difficult to find the problem unless there's literally a smoking gun (circuit board) and even then, it's just so unlikely that there are parts that are replaceable that are also serviceable. 

^^ I've had very good luck and been very happy with the Yamaha in my HT rig for the last 5ish years (geez, has it really been that long???) but might suggest sticking with something from the Aventage portion of the lineup as they are supposed to be far more robustly built.  That is what i did when I bought mine.  Maybe this Shelly - https://usa.yamaha.com/products/audio_visual/av_receivers_amps/rx-a2a/index.html - or see if you can find a b-stock or lightly used prior year model online?  I'll do some hunting on that front.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1