Sennheiser HE90

Elephas

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The HE90 is one of the best, if not the best, headphone I've heard. I'm currently using a Stax plug adapter to connect it to a HeadAmp KGSS.

I feel the same way. What's SN on your HE90? Mine is SN #129. What do you think of the HE-90 vs. O2 vs. R10? When will your Supra XLR arrives?

I have to admit. they are as close to perfection in a headphone as I have heard. they are magic with the matching HEV90 amp and I think slightly better with the ES-1. IMO better than anything out there....stat or dynamic.

Yes, Tom. They are indeed come very close to perfection. Although the R10 might have better midrange and bigger soundstage, but on everything else the HE90 wins.

Ooh, I think I found the answer. :D

No.. they are $6.5k-$8k, the last nice pair sold for $7.9k NOS (which is what I have) a few months ago. You'd be hard pressed (well, I was anyways) to find one for $5k nowadays, even if from the Jan Meier batch where all 18 were accounted for in one day last summer for $5500 to Americans (~$6500 to Europeans) shipped. The $7.9k NOS one was one of these 18, just that it was never opened for a year.

So there were 18. :angel:

US pricing for the Meier group buy was $5K. Given current pricing, I should have bought a spare or two...

I believe Akwok sold his for more than 8.5K. Recently, there was the Orpheus System on audiogon sold for 25k. That is crazy. Given the going rate of the R10 are b/w 4.5k to 6k, that isn't a bad price for the HE90.

I believe Akwok sold his for more than 8.5K. Recently, there was the Orpheus System on audiogon sold for 25k. That is crazy. Given the going rate of the R10 are b/w 4.5k to 6k, that isn't a bad price for the HE90.

Somebody paid 25k$ for that!!! :o:kitty:

I've been offered way more then 8k$ for mine but I passed.