Sennheiser HE90

Elephas

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually i had been thinking that he does. I remember he had one in his profile WAYYY before acquiring the he90/aristaeus but I wasn't sure and was way too lazy to check.

Well you can certainly buy it and it looks great and I'm sure is built will with great parts... but you are going to build your own at some point anyways (HEV90) so.. well then again you can afford it.

Still... you might want to wait until the APL NWO 3.0 GO impressions come out and I finally will not only be the only one on head-fi/head-case that has heard it :)

Its not the only one of the sins that applies to his love of 'stats. >:D

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... :o

Actually i had been thinking that he does. I remember he had one in his profile WAYYY before acquiring the he90/aristaeus but I wasn't sure and was way too lazy to check.

He's had it for awhile but never used it. I'm so happy that there are people just as crazy as me out in the world ;D

Well you can certainly buy it and it looks great and I'm sure is built will with great parts... but you are going to build your own at some point anyways (HEV90) so.. well then again you can afford it.

The parts could be better but I'd like to sample it and see if building my own, the way I like it is something worth pursuing. While the amp is similar to the HEV90 it is by no means the same so all comparisons are moot. A fully upgraded unit will not be cheap though as the amp parts are 2.5-3.5k$ easily and then there is the question about a new PSU... ??? It could be very nice with a simple unregulated, tube rectified supply filled with vintage NOS PIO caps.

Still... you might want to wait until the APL NWO 3.0 GO impressions come out and I finally will not only be the only one on head-fi/head-case that has heard it :)

I'm searching for a UX-1.... I almost jumped on the black one on Audiogon this morning but I'd really prefer a silver one. Must have something to do with seeing a glacier many times a day...

I'd go with the Black one if you have the chance. Apparently there were only 50 made just for the ultra limited factor. Hell if you get that black one and trade me I'll ship you my silver one or deliver it to Alex for mods. I've seen the black and it looks better in person than you'd think.

I'd go with the Black one if you have the chance. Apparently there were only 50 made just for the ultra limited factor. Hell if you get that black one and trade me I'll ship you my silver one or deliver it to Alex for mods. I've seen the black and it looks better in person than you'd think.

That few huh... damn stop planting ideas in my head... :kitty: I'll drop the seller a line and see what happens. Now I've got to get some sleep.

I am a bastard. I wouldn't hesitate trading with you too ;p For one thing it'll probably be awhile before I go the NWO route for monetary reasons (I want my power amp/speakers/more cables before it and I'm getting the dv60 as is right now) so the upgrades the UX-1 Limited has over the original UX-1 (Slight improvements to the audio sefction) would be nice to help tide me over while I wait for NWOfication. Plus the blackness.

I am a bastard. I wouldn't hesitate trading with you too ;p For one thing it'll probably be awhile before I go the NWO route for monetary reasons (I want my power amp/speakers/more cables before it and I'm getting the dv60 as is right now) so the upgrades the UX-1 Limited has over the original UX-1 (Slight improvements to the audio sefction) would be nice to help tide me over while I wait for NWOfication. Plus the blackness.

I sent a message but haven't heard back. No matter really as I'd really like to start out with a 230v unit and they can be had cheap in Asia. If I find a APL 3910 I'll have that upgraded to full 32bit spec and spend the rest on speakers and all my amp projects.

I don't understand how anyone can sell an HE90. ???>:D

For that matter, how can anyone sell any headphone (unless it's an Ultrasone).

Well I hate to admit it but even I am selling a bit off the collection. :'(

OK, maybe that might have not been as funny as I intended.

I think its unfortunate the HE90 and other "high-end" headphones are so expensive. The ever-higher prices for discontinued headphones are a disturbing trend for enthusiasts who lack unlimited funds, which is all of us. However, prices reflect the market, and headphones are a product subject to market supply and demand. The presumably large influx of new headphone listeners in the past two to three years seemed to have pushed prices higher.

As good as the HE90 is, I still listen to other headphones. I'm keeping the K701, HD650, HD600, HF-1, etc. and I listen to them. To me, the issue isn't as much the high cost of some headphones, but the fact that the K701, HD6x0, HF-1 and other sub-$400 headphones sound so good. I think the pressure is on the discontinued headphones to justify their market pricing versus current production alternatives. The seem to be more than holding their own recently, but it remains to be seen if historical trends will continue. Some prices are getting a bit ridiculous.

Without considering the K1000, I think the K701 is not a bad effort from AKG. It improves on the K501 in many ways. Soundstage and midrange are its strong points. Tonality seems neutral enough to me. It can compete against the HD600 and HD650, and I would place them in the same level.

Recent US street prices seem to be very low, less than US$300? That's a great price, and very difficult to beat.

Believe it or not I do sometimes import german headphones (and other german goods) from the US. :o

So some German things are less expensive in the U.S. than in Germany? Just curious; any examples of what the difference is? :P

Oh yeah, items in the used market or on auction make sense.

Or...it's not necessarily the best there is...maybe for most, but not everyone.

A few people have the sold it for a k1000 system and never looked back.

yea, but most of us have yet to get a good listen to some of those god-like K1000 rigs. even this past meet was too noisy to really get an impression of what the zanden sounds like.