What's up with dynafet boards these days?

Icarium

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm waiting for linear systems to get their butt in gear and actually deliver on

lsk109's. Then the floodgates open. The lsk389 is so much better than either

the 2sk389 or the individual versions used in the B52 that it is worth waiting

to do it right. I have a dynafet prototype with 2sk389/2sj109 and it is kickass.

No matching of parts will be necessary, just stuff the board and it works.

Kevin,

Will the DynaFet work properly at a gain or 4 or 5 for 60ohm headphones, with just two output devices per channel vs. the 4 per channel, shown on the latest pcbs over on headwize?

Yes it will, without any additional compensation, i have one running at a gain of 4 now. You can certainly build

it with 2 devices per channel. But i like the sound of the renasys fets over the international rectifier versions, and

they are not as strong, so you really should do 4 of them. There are 4 different versions of the boards, and when

i'm sure of the pinout of the lsj109 there will be 4 new versions. Build what ever turns your crank.

Then again compaired to the toy output transistors on the (well you know) you could probably just build it with

one set of output transistors. But where is the fun in that. Need to be able to drive k1000's to painfully loud levels.

Yes it will, without any additional compensation, i have one running at a gain of 4 now. You can certainly build

it with 2 devices per channel. But i like the sound of the renasys fets over the international rectifier versions, and

they are not as strong, so you really should do 4 of them. There are 4 different versions of the boards, and when

i'm sure of the pinout of the lsj109 there will be 4 new versions. Build what ever turns your crank.

Then again compaired to the toy output transistors on the (well you know) you could probably just build it with

one set of output transistors. But where is the fun in that. Need to be able to drive k1000's to painfully loud levels.

Kevin,

I will never run K1000s, so I am looking to reduce the energy footprint of a blanced version,

without a penalty in sonic quality.

Which fets are the renasys?

the "well you know"??

Cheers

Pete

• 1 year later...