Head-Fi Update on Facebook

justin

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, Justin, but I emptied my caches trying to figure out why I couldn't get on here the other night. Maybe some of the other CanJam guys can pull something out of their computers.

Cache View lets you look up the page as cached by about 5 or 6 caching sites...although all of them useless except Google. But it is slightly easier than trying to google search for the page

I talked to Jude today and the story is so heinous that it is unbelievable. :mikey2: Not everybody around here gives him much credit but he is really pouring his guts out over this thing and feels what he says way deeper than most people understand. Plus, the fact is that everybody here reads HF and relies on the info there and a bunch of it may be down the shitter from what he posted on Facebook. That sucks for all of us.

I'm sure he is...I also usually work my hardest when something needs fixing.

As others have said, use Google cache to get any info you need before it possibly disappears. This includes the entire Pico'>www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php%3Ft%3D261440+pico+head-fi&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=us]Pico thread. Also it looks like the Wayback Machine may have gotten some of the site.

Alex,

I've noticed there are 2 methods to access a thread page, and if you can't find the google cache one way it may be the other

there is the thread ID and page #, so at the end of the URL you usually have something like t=237623&page=10

or...

p=326623

The latter seems to be a number given to every page in every thread. But I have no idea how to figure out what the page numbers are going to be for a thread. If you can figure it out you might then be able to get the cache

Back to 2006, eh? Meh. Still not far enough back to get my Custom Title back.

Hope enough pages were salvaged from the Preorder Thread.

But you were keeping a spreadsheet of the Preorders, right? ;)

Well, if you weren't you certainly are now.

Man what a mess.

It seems like quite a few heavily trafficked forums go under and pretty much lose everything and start over. Kind of like the Matrix. Hmmmm. Head-Fi is over 6 years old.....

I have everything but only email addresses for about 40% of them

Shit that sucks.

I would email or better yet, call Jude and have him post a heads up to have people in the Pico Preorder thread email you, or better yet, to post a link to your site where there is info on the Preorder situation. It would be the least Jude can do for a paying Sponsor.

From how i read this that the old 2006 headfi should be a temporary thing.

Justin i feel you with the pico orders, but the rest of you can get your shit back up in due time...hopefully, at least you have hope..

unlike some of you there is a meet in Chicago in two days!

IF anyone here can contact anyone of these people PLEASE!!!!!!! tell them to go to http://www.myspace.com/chiunifi and contact via there..

I need to give these peeps directions and need to know if they are even going tot he event.

1. dariusf "Darius" (3)

2. 003 "Andrew" (2)

4. morphsci "Jim" (1)

5. nickknutson

6. rb67 "steve" (1)

7. ogewo "Ogewo" (2)

8. Boom Shaka Laka "steve" (1)

9. Redo

10. acidtripwow

11. GLF "Andrew" (1)

13. Chu

14. Merkurfan "Leonard" (2)

15. madman91 "Greg" (2)

16. Joey V

17. Persiflage "Alex" (1)

19. P O (not sure)

20. propheci "Xiaolei{Shao Lay}" (1)

21. chouman

22. Bazile "Jeff" (1)

23. Jim

25. Sheynkman

...or...

p=326623

The latter seems to be a number given to every page in every thread.

That's post number -- there's no mathematical formula for mapping post number to thread number without knowing everything there is to know about the site. So the only way is to try it.

Try something like this:

site:head-fi.org "Dusty Chalk" feedback

and then instead of clicking on the links, click on "Cached".

I only have one page of feedback, and it's the first one in my search; you guys may have more work ahead of youse.

Justin, I can't figure out the exact search, but if you can figure out some text that shows up in peoples' public profiles, you can replace the above search's "feedback" with that text. "home page" "private message" "location" "occupation"? I'm not coming up with it.

Oh, never mind, I found one, and all the usual public profile stuff like MSN, ICQ and whatnot isn't in there anyway.

What a fucking fiasco! Hopefully i was mostly a lurker this last year, so very little of the crap i've posted should disappear, but man what a bunch of amateurs! I've always felt the Jude man was not really what i would call a computer wizard LOL.

Head-Fi as a "marketplace" being so important they should hire a pro webmaster. :mikey2:

I didn't exsist in mid-2006.

I hope some people that did their comparison did them in a word processing program first. It would be a shame to loose all the comparisons and reviews of different products.

Imagine how many "What are the best headphones under $100?" threads will be deleted...it's going to be a shame.

I do feel bad for the vendors that will lose feedback and preorder information. I know I wasn't on anybody's list.

Pray that headfi can get this fixed!