Head-Fi Update on Facebook

justin

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If jude is going to go that far back, he might as well start fresh. In addition that database was

a few versions old for the current vbulletin software, so it could be upgrade city, and lots and lots

of additional bugs all over the place. Plus all the features and changes since then. No matter what

jude does, unless he can get the database fixed, there are going to be lots of unhappy people.

Then that effects all his user counts, his page rankings, all sorts of stuff. Ugly, really Ugly.

No backups in a year. What a maroon.

Ugly, really Ugly.

No backups in a year. What a maroon.

there where backups just not on another external unit...

but hey what do i know, i am only a Princess here.. :laugh:

but yeah this is going to be Ugly as all hell if the 2006 goes back up. then again I read that post he made as "if" he would put up headfi on a temp basis in 2006 mode..since headfi is not up as of now and to be honest it's already to late to rush the site up for any of this weekends meets (which would be one of the more timely manners to put the site back up). so its looking he is still trying to put up the current November 07 backup but again the problem is getting it out of the messed up thingy..

again i am only a Princess..nothing more nothing less.

That's just sad. Daily backups are probably a bit too much to expect, but you'd think they do a backup every couple weeks or so. Over a year without proper backups is literally something out of a Dilbert comic.

Why are daily backups too much to expect. If you have a real database, and do incrementals every nite

the backup is highly efficient and very fast. A internal network between the backup storage device and

the main storage device at gigabit speeds would easily do full backups in an hour, and incrementals in a few

minutes. This is standard stuff. Any idiot could do it.

Nope. That's why I'm not worried. I mean, unless you are a jackass or a n00b a feedback thread is pretty useless. ;)

I don't think so.

Me running into a long term member with thousands of posts and a mile long feedback thread without remembering having heard of him before is either a sign of Alzheimer or just different preferences in this hobby.

That dumbass is over on the rock grotto forum, where he goes by "el Rickamundo".

I've just looked and in fact he is again posting there.

He was a mod there once and vanished a few months ago without notice.

Oh, and I do like either Rick and Mike regardless of oversized ego respectively odd behaviour under the influence.