I'm having my tonsiles out in a few weeks....

nickknutson

I'm hearing horror stories about how much pain it is, or they had to go to the ER...or whatever. The pain isn't what's worrying me the most, it's the fact that I can't eat solid foods for 2 or more weeks. I'm going to try to make most of my situation and use this time to shed some unwanted weight.

Does anyone have experience getting their tonsiles out at age 27 or later?

yea... why u doing that now? I suggest u figure out an easier way to lose weight??? If u getting strep throat a lot and are going to die or something, yea I hear you... Otherwise, how about dieting, and not doing this?

Well, I'm not getting them out because I want to lose weight. I was just saying that I'm going to make most of my situation and try to lose a few pounds while I can't eat solid foods.

Aside from tonsils being extracted, I'm also having some work done to my sinuses and their going to fix my deviated septum.

I need to find something to keep me entertained...such as a PS3 or Xbox 360.

When I had my tonsils out at age 8 they told me I could eat all the ice cream i wanted.

So you have that to look forward to...

Actually, my doctor said I should stay away from dairy products. I'm not a huge fan of ice cream anyway. I was thinking of going on some sort of protein shake diet...I'll be fartin' like a madman!

I'm hearing horror stories about how much pain it is, or they had to go to the ER...or whatever. The pain isn't what's worrying me the most[.]

I had my tonsils out when I was 20. Based on my experience, the pain should be worrying you the most. You won't even want to touch solid food. Make sure you are given an adequate supply (read boatload) of painkillers.

Given his history of cocaine usage, I would think a boatload of painkillers, a least the good ones, would be contraindicated. Next thing you know, he'll be forging scripts.

Which leads to his getting busted, and with luck a 3 strikes conviction, and then bam, no more trouble.