Californication

Icarium

Yay or nay? David Duchovny's show on Showtime (12 eps 1 season completed). This is probably my favorite show in awhile. I think the three cable shows that really stick in my mind as consistently likable for me are Oz (Buttsex), Entourage and this and partially Flight of the Conchords. Weeds is somewhat a guilty pleasure but I think its a little too inconsistent in awesomeness to really love and Curb your Enthusiasm... gets old sometimes.

Even though David's character is more than a little bit whiny, god knows I can careless about the dude's family situation and the naked hotties are almost (Not quite there though) too gratuitous, but there's a lot to like in the show imo. Several good characters (The daughter), the writing/dialog, etc.

I also love David's absolute total willingness to get into a physical confrontation with whoever even if they can obviously beat the shit out of him. Really brings to home how self destructive the guy is without his woman.

Meh!

Yay. That is a great show and Hanks hi-fi was pretty good, Avid TT, some krell gear... ;D

I read an interview with the shows creator and he was shocked by how much the show was liked in Europe and that it didn't need to be on any restricted channels. Heck it's at 9pm on Sunday nights up here

Yay. That is a great show and Hanks hi-fi was pretty good, Avid TT, some krell gear... ;D

So I'm not the only one to notice these things. Speaking of hi-fi in TV, House has a pretty sweet setup too. If I remember correctly, he has some Duvelle omni-speakers, a SOTA tt (not sure which model), and don't remember what CDP.

So I'm not the only one to notice these things. Speaking of hi-fi in TV, House has a pretty sweet setup too. If I remember correctly, he has some Duvelle omni-speakers, a SOTA tt (not sure which model), and don't remember what CDP.

He has Duvelle omnis in the apartment and Thor Audio electronics though they were stolen in one episode. You should really find the original pilot as the speakers in the office were different, Audiostatic electrostatic speakers. ;D Really tall but slim speakers.

He has Duvelle omnis in the apartment and Thor Audio electronics though they were stolen in one episode. You should really find the original pilot as the speakers in the office were different, Audiostatic electrostatic speakers. ;D Really tall but slim speakers.

The speakers in his office are e-stats? I recall them having cone-like drivers but with a ribbon/planar tweeters. But that's good to know.

he has used Triports more than once, though.

Lets all just forget out that. :kitty:

The speakers in his office are e-stats? I recall them having cone-like drivers but with a ribbon/planar tweeters. But that's good to know.

There were different speakers in the pilot. I was pretty angry when the second episode was show and thery had swapped out the speakers for something small. :mikey2:

Btw. This weeks episode was simply brilliant.

My House transformation will be almost complete if I get a Sota :)

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
First two eps of this season have been leaked and continues the excellent story and dialogue.

Friend turned me on to this while on my camping trip and I was able to watch the first two seasons. Can't wait for the rest of the season. Off to look for those two episodes.

Edited by naamanf

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...