PPA v2 gets a make-over...

en480c4

Well, for whatever reason, I had gotten sick of the Par-Metals case I had housing my PPA v2 + STEPS. I had wanted to do something with wood, but could decide what. I had picked up some Zebrawood for another pair of woodied Grados, but was unhappy with working with it in round shapes. So I decided it had come time to use the wood for the PPA's new enclosure.

Before:

45586546.jpg

After:

1142829410_dscn3086.jpg

I'd have to say it came out better than I could have expected. Needless to say, it hasn't changed the amp's performance... it drives my HD650/Zu just as well as before. But it is a hell of a lot more fun to look at!

Well, for whatever reason, I had gotten sick of the Par-Metals case I had housing my PPA v2 + STEPS. I had wanted to do something with wood, but could decide what. I had picked up some Zebrawood for another pair of woodied Grados, but was unhappy with working with it in round shapes. So I decided it had come time to use the wood for the PPA's new enclosure.

Before:

45586546.jpg

After:

1142829410_dscn3086.jpg

I'd have to say it came out better than I could have expected. Needless to say, it hasn't changed the amp's performance... it drives my HD650/Zu just as well as before. But it is a hell of a lot more fun to look at!

nice work man.

I did some wiring work for Ian tonight so that he could actually listen to this beauty. Two connections got tweaked during the change of venue but with a little heat she was back up and running in no time. Sounded pretty good fed by Monica the mint DAC.

Nate,

Thanks for the pic, and thanks for wrapping up the wiring!

I listened for about an hour last night and everything was great.

And thanks for the kind words, guys... it was a fun little project, and got to spend a day with my dad hanging out in his shop, so it was win-win!

awesome work!

can i have it? It'll be more fun for me to have it I think.

haahah

sweet man, enjoy.

NO!

;D

• 2 months later...