Nate's Cycling Adventure - This One Goes to 11

n_maher

Once again this year I'm prepping to ride a century in support of the Kelly Brush Foundation. Between indoor Zwifting, the MTBs, and the upgraded Canyon this spring I'm creeping up on 3,000 miles in preparation this year and will surpass that mark before the event. Once again this year it'll be an in-person ride up in VT, with friends mostly coming from near-by so we should have a strong crew of 8 with some riding the 50 and most doing the full 100 miles.  For me this is the 11th century that I've done in support of either Northeast Passage or Kelly Brush and I'm looking forward to enjoying it and hoping that our trend of good weather continues.

So the mission remains the same, I'm trying to raise a bunch of money again this year with a goal of $2,000.  As usual, all of the donations are tax deductible and maybe some legislation will get passed this year to make that more meaningful but really, I'm hoping the motivation isn't just to get a write off.  So for those that are interested, here's the link to my personal fund raising page - Nate's Fundraising Page.  Any donation large or small is very much appreciated.

A bit about KBF - they are a non-profit organization dedicated to assisting individuals with spinal cord injuries in finding ways to get out and enjoy an active lifestyle.  For me, this is a cause close to my heart.  I love the outdoors and the freedom to explore it in a variety of ways and have worked with organizations like the KBF for the last twenty years to help others do the same.   

Last year's group at the starting line. 

image.thumb.jpeg.e9b4039887192d9c4e6bb3601f0f5207.jpeg

EDIT - Link fixed...

• Like 3

I wanted to post an update - largely thanks to you guy I have now met my fundraising goal.  I rode to work yesterday despite the threat of severe thunderstorms in the afternoon (i don't melt) and while I got truly soaked on the way home it is still the best way to get too and from work.  I hope to get out tomorrow for a good long ride to round off all of the base miles that i have put in this year but regardless, I'm feeling well prepared for a couple of weeks from now.

Thanks again Head-Case.  There really is no forum like ours. 

• Like 9