Dota: anyone wanna play?

gloco

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW I created a sick and unique build.. it works great. (I couldn't edit the above post.. forgive me for double posting)

I'll try to explain.. I dub it.

BATTLE MAIDEN!

Hero: Crystal Maiden

The point of this build is simple. Do not play maiden as a spellcaster. Simply utilize her skills to your advantage by disabling your enemy.

For example, at the start of the game, iceblock any unfortunate hero who wanders into your range and immediately attack it until they escape. This will pretty much lower their hp by 15-40% depending on their items/hero. Repeat a few times and they have to heal and leave the lane all to you for farming and leveling up. If they get nice counter items such as potions or massive hp regeneration, then I suggest just sitting back and harassing without getting hit (this is where the ring of r comes in handy.)

I got tired of people who rush a magic resist hood with +8 hp regen at the start when they see Jaina on the other team. Hopefully this build will be able to kill those people easier. The way to fight is to damage them. Rush into a battle by iceblocking one hero, attack then, and just before the stun ends, use frost nova (only level 1 is needed) for the sole purpose of slowing them down and attack more.

When ultimate is up, frost nova an unsuspecting hero, run beside them, iceblock + silence using orchid (which amplifies damage by 20%) and use freezing field. The reason this is ultra effective even if they get the 30% magic resist hood is because orchid negates that bonus resist. If they try to run, you should have enough mana to iceblock dps/damage them to death and frost nova if they try to run.

Basher on a CM? Most people think I'm retarded for going that but with an orchid, the stuns come in handy.

Early game items (this is pretty much personal preference)

Ring of B: Stacks with mana regen aura

Ring of Regeneration: very important, allows Maiden to stay in one lane without ever healing

Gloves of haste/Boots/Giant belt of str/Treads recipe: in that order. Gloves for attacking faster when your enemy when they are stunned.. great for early harassing and first blood acquiring

Ironbark Branch: This branch "ensures a GG," what other reason do you need? XD

When you get these, start working your way for an orchid.

Gradually work your way towards these few items.

1 Treads

2 Orchid

3 Shiva

4 Scepter (if you want, normally I don't get it and keep my ring of b. for its mana regen)

5 Basher

6 Buriza

Skills:

1 Ice block

2 Brill aura

3 Ice block

4 Brill aura

5 Brill aura

6 Freezing field

7 Brill aura

8 Ice block

9 Ice block

10 Frost nova

11 - 15 stats

16 Freezing field

17 Frost nova

18 Frost nova

19+ stats.

Ok I'm not sure why I just typed all this but this is my favourite build and it is both surprising and unique.

Sorry, but basher is just ridiculous on CM. I'd go MKB before basher any day. My Battle Maiden is a bit different, but like you, I only get lvl 1 for Nova until I have sufficient HP. I start with a crystalisis first though.

My problem with your build is why do you need Brilliance Aura so much when you only have Ice block? Battle Maiden needs stats.

Good idea with the MKB. I have Ice block and brill aura because without brill aura I wouldn't be able to stun as much as I would like. With brill aura, I can stun every time the cooldown for iceblock ends and it allows me to harass better.

I just tried MKB and it works better than basher. Bashers don't stun as much as I would like with only 10%. Another great item is Skadi near end game. I played an antimage using my battle maiden and won it early when I was level 22 and he was only level 17.

My USEAST name is Karura.

USWEST = I used to play but not anymore.

BTW I created a sick and unique build.. it works great. (I couldn't edit the above post.. forgive me for double posting)

I'll try to explain.. I dub it.

BATTLE MAIDEN!

Hero: Crystal Maiden

The point of this build is simple. Do not play maiden as a spellcaster. Simply utilize her skills to your advantage by disabling your enemy.

For example, at the start of the game, iceblock any unfortunate hero who wanders into your range and immediately attack it until they escape. This will pretty much lower their hp by 15-40% depending on their items/hero. Repeat a few times and they have to heal and leave the lane all to you for farming and leveling up. If they get nice counter items such as potions or massive hp regeneration, then I suggest just sitting back and harassing without getting hit (this is where the ring of r comes in handy.)

I got tired of people who rush a magic resist hood with +8 hp regen at the start when they see Jaina on the other team. Hopefully this build will be able to kill those people easier. The way to fight is to damage them. Rush into a battle by iceblocking one hero, attack then, and just before the stun ends, use frost nova (only level 1 is needed) for the sole purpose of slowing them down and attack more.

When ultimate is up, frost nova an unsuspecting hero, run beside them, iceblock + silence using orchid (which amplifies damage by 20%) and use freezing field. The reason this is ultra effective even if they get the 30% magic resist hood is because orchid negates that bonus resist. If they try to run, you should have enough mana to iceblock dps/damage them to death and frost nova if they try to run.

Basher on a CM? Most people think I'm retarded for going that but with an orchid, the stuns come in handy.

Early game items (this is pretty much personal preference)

Ring of B: Stacks with mana regen aura

Ring of Regeneration: very important, allows Maiden to stay in one lane without ever healing

Gloves of haste/Boots/Giant belt of str/Treads recipe: in that order. Gloves for attacking faster when your enemy when they are stunned.. great for early harassing and first blood acquiring

Ironbark Branch: This branch "ensures a GG," what other reason do you need? XD

When you get these, start working your way for an orchid.

Gradually work your way towards these few items.

1 Treads

2 Orchid

3 Shiva

4 Scepter (if you want, normally I don't get it and keep my ring of b. for its mana regen)

5 Basher

6 Buriza

Skills:

1 Ice block

2 Brill aura

3 Ice block

4 Brill aura

5 Brill aura

6 Freezing field

7 Brill aura

8 Ice block

9 Ice block

10 Frost nova

11 - 15 stats

16 Freezing field

17 Frost nova

18 Frost nova

19+ stats.

Ok I'm not sure why I just typed all this but this is my favourite build and it is both surprising and unique.

I highly doubt you can complete that build in a real game with exped players. There are times in life where things look great until you look at them realistically.

I'm still playing, under "gdloco" since I forgot my password for gloco :P

I've gotten a hell of a lot better, on occasion getting triple kills with some heroes. Lina as a starter hero is a bad choice, I definitely agree with that. If anyone is a good starter hero, I would choose phantom lancer or undying. PL for his invis as a escape mechanism and dirge, well, because he's freggin' easy to use.

I've been into techies lately since he's so damn interesting (and entertaining) as long as he's the right choice against your opponents (preferably low hp and no -em). -SD games are what i'm into typically and -ap when I want to pick techies for some ka boom boom.

As for SC, I'd wipe the floor with all of you, this is coming from someone who has repeatedly been back stabbed on 3v3's and still come back 1v5 and beat all five repeatedly. You can't micro manage the way I do, even though I haven't played SC in ages, I'd still beat your asses in :P

As for dota, you can catch me on the east server weeknights. Feel free to add me and message me if you want to get a game going, I can host.

The most hilarious heros are probably Lanaya and Techies.

I've played too many 5v5 games where I sit in the river in mid lane until im level 5. Once I hit level 5 with my 150dmg meld attack, I target the nearest unsuspecting hero twice and that is immediately 2*(BASE DMG+150) within 3 seconds. Of course this doesn't always work if they get tanks, etc but with weak heros like kitty or lion, it is hilarious to play. Techies is just.. sit back and watch the enemy push and later.. D... TRIPLE KILL!... etc

I'm still playing, under "gdloco" since I forgot my password for gloco :P

I've gotten a hell of a lot better, on occasion getting triple kills with some heroes. Lina as a starter hero is a bad choice, I definitely agree with that. If anyone is a good starter hero, I would choose phantom lancer or undying. PL for his invis as a escape mechanism and dirge, well, because he's freggin' easy to use.

I've been into techies lately since he's so damn interesting (and entertaining) as long as he's the right choice against your opponents (preferably low hp and no -em). -SD games are what i'm into typically and -ap when I want to pick techies for some ka boom boom.

As for SC, I'd wipe the floor with all of you, this is coming from someone who has repeatedly been back stabbed on 3v3's and still come back 1v5 and beat all five repeatedly. You can't micro manage the way I do, even though I haven't played SC in ages, I'd still beat your asses in :P

As for dota, you can catch me on the east server weeknights. Feel free to add me and message me if you want to get a game going, I can host.

I don't know about that. I played SC for a pretty long time and considered myself pretty damn good. There were better people, but 2 of me would kill one of them, lol. (to combat your 1v5 comment) =]

I don't know about that. I played SC for a pretty long time and considered myself pretty damn good. There were better people, but 2 of me would kill one of them, lol. (to combat your 1v5 comment) =]

Keep dreaming youngin'! Not to turn this into a pissing match, but I played sc on bnet for a solid five years before slowing drifting into wc3 and I had that game down pat, my friend would often marvel at how fast I completed my base in comparison to him (I would be maxed out while he literally just started getting troops). Anyway, SC is pretty simple, doesn't require much strategy, its all about sheer numbers and picking the right troops, such as goons for toss or hydralisks for zerg. Terran was a bit tougher, but those mechanized thingy's (kinda look like ED209's) worked well. As you can see, I always preferred units that attacked both air and ground units. Flying units are slow and easy to kill, imho.

Anyway, back to dota...see you there tonight, maybe :)

Sorry, I played SC:BW from release until about 2004 when I started playing WoW (so roughly 6 years), then to WC3:DotA.

Ranked top 50 in Ladder for a solid 3 years. And to say SC is pretty simple and that it's all about sheer numbers is ridiculous. A few Corsairs and Templars will destroy the numbers game. It's all about macro/micro. Knowing how to path and move your units is the difference between good and awesome players. Build order, timing, expanding is all integral to the game.

I've played 1 game of DotA in the last month or so. It really has lost it's appeal.

Sorry, I played SC:BW from release until about 2004 when I started playing WoW (so roughly 6 years), then to WC3:DotA.

Ranked top 50 in Ladder for a solid 3 years. And to say SC is pretty simple and that it's all about sheer numbers is ridiculous. A few Corsairs and Templars will destroy the numbers game. It's all about macro/micro. Knowing how to path and move your units is the difference between good and awesome players. Build order, timing, expanding is all integral to the game.

I've played 1 game of DotA in the last month or so. It really has lost it's appeal.

Bless you.

I agree that micro/macro managing is a large part of the game, thats why I mentioned my build speed in contrast to my friend. Sheer numbers is all it takes to win and don't kid yourself, top 50 whatever doesn't mean squat, imo. Corsairs and templars? LOL....yeah ok buddy, how bout a few observers and 50+ goons or hydras? GG. Have you ever swarmed with them? I've done it plenty of times to success. Siege tanks can take care of them, but then zerglings can overrun siege tanks and so on.

I beat plenty of players who were rated/ranked and all that jazz, didn't mean anything. I simply outmaneuvered them and beat them with sheer numbers (how do you think I beat people in 1v5 scenarios repeatedly? I had more of everything...more barracks, more supply depots, more defense).

Onto Dota: The only issue I really have with dota is the sheer number of idiots who don't know how to play and comprehend the damn mini map (ie. setting up a gank or pushing a lane). It sure can be a test in futility as of lately.

Bless you.

I agree that micro/macro managing is a large part of the game, thats why I mentioned my build speed in contrast to my friend. Sheer numbers is all it takes to win and don't kid yourself, top 50 whatever doesn't mean squat, imo. Corsairs and templars? LOL....yeah ok buddy, how bout a few observers and 50+ goons or hydras? GG. Have you ever swarmed with them? I've done it plenty of times to success. Siege tanks can take care of them, but then zerglings can overrun siege tanks and so on.

I beat plenty of players who were rated/ranked and all that jazz, didn't mean anything. I simply outmaneuvered them and beat them with sheer numbers (how do you think I beat people in 1v5 scenarios repeatedly? I had more of everything...more barracks, more supply depots, more defense).

Onto Dota: The only issue I really have with dota is the sheer number of idiots who don't know how to play and comprehend the damn mini map (ie. setting up a gank or pushing a lane). It sure can be a test in futility as of lately.

I'm not saying I'm guaranteed to be better than you. I'm just saying that your statement of "I'd wipe the floor with all of you" is pretty out there.

And as for DotA, you can't be upset with that. Everyone has to start somewhere. I'm sure people were upset when you first started playing, as they were when I first started playing. There's always going to be new players or bad players.

If that really bothers you that much, get yourself 25 wins and go play TDA. Or better yet, join a clan.

I'm not saying I'm guaranteed to be better than you. I'm just saying that your statement of "I'd wipe the floor with all of you" is pretty out there.

And as for DotA, you can't be upset with that. Everyone has to start somewhere. I'm sure people were upset when you first started playing, as they were when I first started playing. There's always going to be new players or bad players.

If that really bothers you that much, get yourself 25 wins and go play TDA. Or better yet, join a clan.

lol, ok, you got me there, I should've added in a smiley...I imagine your a very good player as you are in dota.

Yeah, as for dota, it doesn't bother me when newbs start and ask for help, thats cool. What irritates me (and I should have expanded on this) are players who intentionally feed then leave. This happens way too often, they go 0-10 then get ck or just pp. Total ruins the game. I think I need to join a clan, I don't care if I win or lose, I just want a good game of strategy to put my mind to work instead of the bs that often occurs in a pub game.

TDA is pretty stupid haha. My friend gave me an icon account and we played TDA 6-7 times and it wasn't that great.

I don't get what is so great about TDA. You still get leavers, and retards. Almost every game I've been in had a morphling rushing heart/butterfly and an averus taking advantage of his spells. The players aren't necessarily great either, they just need an icon to play and I bet many others borrow accounts too like me.

War3x ladder is hard... I'm no good at ladder but I had free lessons from a Rank 1 Random Teams 3v3 USWEST, a good friend of mine, haha but now I completely forgot how to play. KOTG + entangle + huntress rush... pray they don't counter me and start making chims. that's about it.

Haha SC:BW... War3x is all about micro but SC is easier. I lost all my SC skills but I guess I was somewhat decent when I was 7 years old lol since I was pretty much playing SC or Runescape at home on my pentium 1 beige-coloured computer and at school every day. Speaking of SC, anyone want to play? Last time I played with hydrocity and I got owned. >_<

If you host, just kick them after they die 3 times. That's what we do. When I say die, I mean feed.

I rarely host since I don't have a ck or ping...have any clue where I can get those programs?

I had 2-3 solid games this weekend. I should start a clan with the good players to have some good, consistent matches.