ChiUnuion-Fi

JBLoudG20

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PrettyPrincess!

Did you get a chance to try out the Predator?

I tried it out the day before at Ray's house for a few mins, then I challenged him to a G08>my HR2 vs. predator...but we just laughed. It's a fun sounding little guy and of course people will live it when they try it.

i am not in the portable usb market and right now i am more then happy with my Benchmark on my computer now...well you can not beat something if its free so...

I did not get to try to much gear at the event itself cause I was running around making sure everyone was good. I did get to do a quick comparison of the HEV70 and Woo ges amp on the HE60's. now i will admit I never heard the HE90's before and i am not a electrotype of dude but if I would to get in that market now the Woo ges would be the amp i would go with! at $1500ish for an electrostatic amp with that sound would make a great first electro amp i think. I wanted to try Immtbiker's he90 clones but i never got the shot to..going by what i read on the forums and what he and others say they would be the first set of electro's i would buy..something like $900 for a set? nice!

Jeff or user name "Bazile" had a laptop setup with a CI vda2/vac1 running 2 lunchboxII's in a sort of balanced way powering 580's. That setup was actually really really lovable.

as for the event itself I posted pics on the myspace page Myspace.com/chiunifi . add us as a friend so you can get all the super duper updates on next years (November 8th 2008) event! the Raffle raised little over $700 to pay for next year. everyone who bought a Raffle Ticket won something, actually we had more raffle prizes left over (Cross Roads ipod docks and a few t-shirts). Ray Samuel's won JBloud's cable..hahahahaha and TTvj won the headroom dac which i thought was hilarious, he returned the prize for someone else to win later on though.

We figured there was about 30-35 people threw out the day and for a Chicago event at this time of the year with no hf for a week that is pretty amazing. Shure gave a tour of their corporate HQ also and when everyone got back they were so skied..

i have to thank all the companies who gave us Raffle prizes. Woo audio, Ray Samuels Audio, Todd the Vinyl Junkie, Shure, Jaben network, HeadRoom, Todd R, and of course JBLoud..i hope i am not forgetting anyone..

Thanks to everyone who did go, esp Immtbiker for supporting the event. I have pics of his Panerai 112 on my wrist..first time i seen the one panerai I like on my wrist for a few mins. also Aron was great with guiding people around and helping them with gear..

man i am tired! when hf goes back up i will post a interest check for the 08 event, the only reason why i did not post anything on here cause i didn't want more posts to put together in the end...

I did not get to try to much gear at the event itself cause I was running around making sure everyone was good. I did get to do a quick comparison of the HEV70 and Woo ges amp on the HE60's. now i will admit I never heard the HE90's before and i am not a electrotype of dude but if I would to get in that market now the Woo ges would be the amp i would go with! at $1500ish for an electrostatic amp with that sound would make a great first electro amp i think. I wanted to try Immtbiker's he90 clones but i never got the shot to..going by what i read on the forums and what he and others say they would be the first set of electro's i would buy..something like $900 for a set? nice!

No wonder you preferred the GES as HEV70 is so bad Ray could have made it. Any Stax amp ever made (except maybe the SRM-001) is better then that steaming pile of crap.

Do you have any pictures of the Chinese stats?

Not true. Ray would have absolutely no idea how to do the multi voltage

switcher. And certainly not in that physical size.

I stand corrected. He would have made it huge with some horribly ugly golden bits screwed onto the chassis. It still has the same reliability as a RSA product...

So let me get this straight, Billy, you're going to hold the proceeds of the raffle and use it for a future meet?

as Grawk said before me yes thats the plan. $700 is going to pay for next years event, and the raffle next year is going to pay for the 09 event and etc. best part about this plan is it will keep the Event from getting to big to fast but at the same time keeps the event going. also it means the event does not rely on anybody or any company for money, there for it will make sure its a fair deal and no one gets to cocky (the hosts and people working the event or the companies and mot's coming in).

It's an interesting concept.

Assuming same person(s) holds meet on regular basis, I think it could work as a safety net for times when a meet has less than expected attendance due to various reasons, like when a certain forum dies week before your meet.

Of course, there's nothing preventing someone from just taking the proceed and run, but there's always been fear of that.