My Rihanna - Umbrella Remixes CD is here!

Elephas

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Billie Holiday didn't have much more than an octave range.

Sorry, I've never heard her performances, so that reference went right over my head.

Listening to it again (killing me gently), it's not the lack of range, it's the manufactured feel of the performance, the false repeatable vocal breaks, for instance, the lack of feeling. But, hey, if it works for you, more power to you.

Yup. Basically, you can't hear jazz listening to the radio, on an elevator, or in a coffee shop. Very little of what gets sold as jazz is interesting. But good jazz is so far from boring that you can't really even get there from here. As I mentioned in another thread, some of the experimental jazz has more in common with punk rock than it ever would with kenny g.

So, what is jazz? Aside from Billie Holiday.

And what's so close about jazz and punk? I listen to some punk, albeit pop punk like Lagwagon. ::) I'm more into death and black metal, which does have a montonic vocal representation. Name me some that's like punk and I'll go buy some today. I'm on vacation with an arm length list of honey-dos, and a really pissy mood because of it. I'd rather go peruse Rasputin now.

Yes, I've watched a downloaded Umbrella video, but the video or photos aren't the reason why I'm listening to this song.

I don't know the reason.

I'm listening now with the KGSS>SR-Omega. I feel so happy and I can't stop wriggling my butt.

La la, la de la la, ella, ella, eh eh eh, it's pouring rain...

Yes, I've watched a downloaded Umbrella video, but the video or photos aren't the reason why I'm listening to this song.

I don't know the reason.

I'm listening now with the KGSS>SR-Omega. I feel so happy and I can't stop wriggling my butt.

La la, la de la la, ella, ella, eh eh eh, it's pouring rain...

Your SR-Omega privileges are revoked.