Amazon Kindle

Edwood

i've read about 3000 pages on the iPhone, though the Kindle App. it rocks. can't wait until i get a Kindle.

I read a good portion of the Count of Monte Cristo on my iPod Touch via Stanza and it worked great. It has me considering a Kindle if they ever get the book pricing in line.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

At least on the DX version, I have been able to browse the web for free from anywhere I have been. So I guess the answer is "yes" at least for the DX version.

Oh yeah, the Kindle DX is great! :)

Question for kindle users, is the 3g only for downloading books or does it work with web browsing as well?

• 2 months later...
Funny, ha ha? Funny, ain't that strange? Or funny, gender confused?

Many people I see at coffee shops other then Starbucks tend to be all three. At least I personally don't think I look gender confused, on the other hand I don't frequent coffee shops much.

This seems like the appropriate place to inform you all of the Barns & Noble Nook.

Comes out end of November.

That looks cool. Looks like they are going to make it proprietary format as well since you will need their special software to read books on other devices. I like the lend feature.

Also, it supports eReader and ePub right out of the gate, which is incomparably useful. I'm sure the B&N books are in a proprietary format, but that doesn't really matter when the open formats are supported as well, unless you're (reasonably) afraid of losing all your purchased content later down the line when Barnes & Noble is swallowed whole by the beast.