Rudistor RP1000 Balanced Amp

sovkiller

philodox.

Since you are sacrificing yourself on sovkillers defense. I'm going to focus on you now. Stop being his lawyer. It's not our fault you live in canada, stop taking it out on us... Go smoke some bacon and chill in your log cabin or whatever you wacky canadians do. If you want to be with him so bad, invite him over to the cabin. You guys could be chums.

HAHAHAH

take that!

; )

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since you are sacrificing yourself on sovkillers defense. I'm going to focus on you now. Stop being his lawyer. It's not our fault you live in canada, stop taking it out on us... Go smoke some bacon and chill in your log cabin or whatever you wacky canadians do. If you want to be with him so bad, invite him over to the cabin. You guys could be chums.
Well, someone has to... I dislike mobs. ;)

I have a theory. You Yankees aren't allowed to swear in movies or on TV most of the time and as everyone knows people want what they can't have. In Canada we aren't as restricted and as a result we don't feel the need to overdo it when we get the chance. It's sort of like underage drinking. Kids don't have drinking problems [or at least not as much] in France because you can drink as soon as you have money and know how to open the door to the bar. They don't grow up with alcohol on a pedestal like people do in North America.

Or maybe I just don't see the need to act all tough online just because I can. I treat people with respect in real life and on the Internet until they do something that causes me to loose my respect for them. And though Sov might have made some mistakes and misunderstood some things here, he has done nothing to deserve all the grief he has been getting.

Please don't think that I am offended by swearing... it's not that... it is just irritating. Pretty much on par with something like this: "You're, like, so totally out of nail polish? What-EVER!"

Oh, and we smoke pot and eat bacon, get it right. We also have trees up here. ;)

Well, someone has to... I dislike mobs. ;)

I have a theory. You Yankees aren't allowed to swear in movies or on TV most of the time and as everyone knows people want what they can't have. In Canada we aren't as restricted and as a result we don't feel the need to overdo it when we get the chance. It's sort of like underage drinking. Kids don't have drinking problems [or at least not as much] in France because you can drink as soon as you have money and know how to open the door to the bar. They don't grow up with alcohol on a pedestal like people do in North America.

Or maybe I just don't see the need to act all tough online just because I can. I treat people with respect in real life and on the Internet until they do something that causes me to loose my respect for them. And though Sov might have made some mistakes and misunderstood some things here, he has done nothing to deserve all the grief he has been getting.

Please don't think that I am offended by swearing... it's not that... it is just irritating. Pretty much on par with something like this: "You're, like, so totally out of nail polish? What-EVER!"

Oh, and we smoke pot and eat bacon, get it right. We also have trees up here. ;)

Touche ;D

That was not mine, was from a movie, not sure which now???....

"Nigger, you just fucked with the wrong bull" comes from the most disturbing scene I have ever watched on film, which is in the movie American History X. This lovely line is uttered the moment before neo-nazi Ed Norton makes the guy bite the curb and smashes his head in. :o

• 4 weeks later...

let us know how you like it.

Hello, I had the chance to hear it, and it actually made me enjoy the balanced HD650, no joke. Even more so than the balanced HD650 from the RSA B-52 (although the PS-1 was the big winner in that amp - BASS.) Maybe it's just my leanings toward tube hybrids, but this thing really hit the spot for me in terms of tube warmth and smoothness weight behind notes and solid state impact and speed. I noticed the unbalanced headphone jack there too, but I didn't have my HP-2s on me to give it a spin. Uh, it sounds better than my Melos, at least in meet conditions. I think Rudi has a nice flagship amp on his hands, based purely on sound (i'm a dunce when it comes to DIY/engineering as you know!)

This is a seriously nice amp. Sounded very good driving my SA5000's.

If it retailed in the $3000 to $5000 range it would be a contender. I don't remember exactly what it sells for but I believe that it is north of $10,000. at that price it is seriously over-priced.

Still it does sound very good.

This is a seriously nice amp. Sounded very good driving my SA5000's.

If it retailed in the $3000 to $5000 range it would be a contender. I don't remember exactly what it sells for but I believe that it is north of $10,000. at that price it is seriously over-priced.

Still it does sound very good.

Um, that's not a typo on the price, right?

Those pots are less than that if you know where to buy them.

The pots are still the most expensive item. Figure about $1600 in total parts.

So a multiplier of about 6. Same multiplier ray uses.

The noise duality is a far better deal for only $8000

The standard manufacturing to retail formula for audio is 1 to 5. That?s to normal retail, i.e. dealer sales. The ratio for direct sales should normally be on the order of 1 to 3. A manufacturer can use whatever ratio they feel their customers will accept.

Actually now that I think of it the formula that I mentioned tends to include labor as well as parts cost. I?m not in the habit of dissecting what the components of a product cost, but I find it difficult to imagine that a Raptor?s parts cost and labor comes to only $210.

I?m not a Ray FanBoy, but I also tend to take most of the Ray bashing on this site with a grain of salt.