Is the Touch an upgrade from a 1st gen Nano?

oicdn

Have the opportunity to get a 16gb version. Right now I'm fairly content running my 2gb Nano/Hornet combo, but wondering if the line-out of the touch is superior the the line-out of the 1st Gen Nano with the Wolfson DAC. I read somewhere on head-fi and other places that Apple has cleaned up the LOD portion of the docks with minimal PCB traces and a clean signal. I just can't remember if the touch was part of that "cleaning up".

The only advantages the touch (DAP wise, no other features taken into consideration) would have over my Nano would be the storage space with the SQ. So is it a worthwhile upgrade? Or should I just stick with my Nano? If anything, I may pick it up for the GF for xmas....

if you're talking sound quality and believe the hype on hf, then it is generally not considered better sound quality over the 1g nano

i have no first-hand experience, just thought i'd take advantage of some of the time i've wasted reading about the relative sound quality of the various ipod gens/units (probably arrived at using marshmallows)

mjb