New Members - How did you discover Head-Case?

Grand Enigma

NO BOOOM YOU ARE A HYPOCRATE TOO AN AMAZING PERSON. I WOULD FIND YOUR POSTS TO PROVE IT BUT YOU ARE MOD AND JUST EDITED THEM ALL >_<

moderator edit:

Your gimmick is wearing thin, stop with this bullshit

new moderator edit:

It's spelled "hypocrite" so I went ahead fixed your post. Do you have any other problems with the moderation around here? >:D

Oh, man. This is comedy gold. icon_rofl.gif

^ Agreed. And this thread is worth resurrecting.

Seriously.

Not sure exactly what led me here. It was a few years ago. Has helped me take a step back from the HF 'sugar sweet everything's amazing' and become a more cynical person regarding audio. You guys got me reading books about audio/amps/etc again and probably an eventual (finally) entry into DIY. On the bright side I've only been banned here once (sorry Nate embarrassed.gif), so not too bad!

Well it's a bit strange what with me being a n00b again...

Yeah I'm a relative n00b to headphones but not to audio, nor interweb interaction.

But he who shall not be named (putts) told me I should check this place out.

But lurk first, lurk a lot, lurk here and there and everywhere before posting.

Then I saw this thread.

The 'edge' that is evident here is something I'm quite used to where I spend most of my online time.

I do find myself enjoying the humor and creativity as the themes get picked up and tossed around and refined as they move from post to post.

It reminds me of Jo momma, which has a similar degree of frivolity and hard edged in your face-ness about it.

At least this site has a semi-decent set of smilies. anpopcornyi7.gif

Well that's about it, so I'll just go back to lurking now...

JJ

California has a lot of the cool HCers. I'm not one of those but you are welcome to drop by if you end up in Santa Barbara.

Truer words have not been spoken.

I would tend to disagree with the last part of that statement. I've never seen you anything but pleasant to be around.

^ Oh... no... that's what I meant to say.

Mister, you have yourself a deal. I intend to study the techniques you employ to keep parrots from chewing on headphone cables.

I wish that I could put you up, but my 2 BR apartment has no extra room. But please stop by.

Keeping my hi-fi gear safe is easy. The birds have their wings clipped and can't fly. They are not allowed to meander on the floor. As long as I'm moderately vigilant, nothing will get chewed. So far, so good.

I met a few renegade head-Fi'ers at the 2007 San Jose meet and at a later mini-meet I was warned about this place and the intrigue was irresistible. And I have been here ever since. I have picked up a few bad habits from you guys and I want to thank you all for that.