New Members - How did you discover Head-Case?

Grand Enigma

While I was searching for portable headphone amplifiers, I found out about the head-fi forum. And since RSA amp, particularly SR-71, hornet, tomahawk, received so much praise from that site so I checked them out but the sound signature wasn't to my liking. I first thought my ears were something wrong since I just can't hear glorious sounds from RSA portable amps like everyone else. But I was about to purchse the hornet or sr-71 anyway just to evaluate in my home more than just couple of hours like during the meet conditions.

Right before I was ready to purchase, I found out about head-case forum and started to read different threads and found out many of this forum members don't care much about and/or have very low opinion about RSA. I don't post much but enjoy reading many different threads. Maybe someday I will have something to contribute. One thing for sure, you really have to read beyond those colorful comments to have a feel about this forum. Needless to say, I hold off buying any of RSA amps for now. Thanks for the great forum.

True story... I actually missed EdipisReks and his posts, and one day I took a peak into his HF profile. I think Reks started the post a photo of your rig thread or something like that. It's a popular thread and it's usually sitting there on the first page of Members Lounge. Anyways, one day I clicked his name to view his profile, and in it was listed head-case.org as his homepage.

I was Googling stuff for a DIY amp and a few links here came up. Took a look around and saw a lot of names from the old threads at Head-Fi. Had been wondering where all the really experienced guys that stopped posting had gotten to, and then it all made sense. So I lurked here for awhile, came to like this forum and registered.