Trafomatic Audio Headphone Amplifier

elnero

No clew, looks not too bad. more pictures should be coming up.

October 07 - Trafomatic Experience Head One: 2 line inputs, 2 line outputs (pre and sub); 3 switchable headphone settings at 30, 100 and 300 ohms; two double triode 6S45P and 1 x EZ80 rectifier; plus a dual C-core output transformer add up to $720 retail for the newest entry in this Serbian transformer maker's home audio electronics line. Coming up next are a transformer-coupled line stage preamplifier and a pair of 300B monoblocks.

27.jpg

Should be pretty good assuming it has decent quality output transformers. As far as I know, the 6S45P is the same tube as the 6C45P, and the latter is a really nice tube which unfortunately is pretty hard to work with. If they did a half decent job it should be pretty good, and if they did a good job it'll kill most amps on the market these days.

So I see "deepak" has posted in this thread from the forum overview, and I think, there's another Deepak in the forum? Only to realize that, there's still only one true Deepak here. ;D

Haha, that went through my mind as well when I saw this thread. :D

So I see "deepak" has posted in this thread from the forum overview, and I think, there's another Deepak in the forum? Only to realize that, there's still only one true Deepak here. ;D

There can be only one. LOL

youtube

Haha, that went through my mind as well when I saw this thread. :D

;D

Queen + Highlander 8)

Should be pretty good assuming it has decent quality output transformers. As far as I know, the 6S45P is the same tube as the 6C45P, and the latter is a really nice tube which unfortunately is pretty hard to work with. If they did a half decent job it should be pretty good, and if they did a good job it'll kill most amps on the market these days.

For an amp sold for 7XXUSD, you don't expect the output transformer too much. May be they would offer an upgrade option.

Well, if they're not worse than Hammonds (which they probably aren't), it shouldn't turn out bad (they are as humanflyz said, a transformer manufacturer). We're not talking about numerous transformers either so it's not going to cost a ton to them either.

Upon further research I came across this from a 6moons review of another Trafomatic product:

Belgrade-based Korato meanwhile "has a worldwide distribution of double C core output (SE and PP) and mains transformers and C core chokes made especially for us by Trafomatic" They also offer their own tube preamps, integrateds and amplifiers under the Korato brand, naturally with Trafomatic iron.

Which means I have heard Trafomatic transformers in a Korato integrated amp driving a pair of Living Voice Avatar speakers. In short, the Trafomatic transformers are pretty decent, so unless they fucked up the circuit design their headphone amp should be pretty darn good.

• 1 month later...

Well I have the only Trafomatic Head One in North America and have been listening to it for the past four days. Initial impressions are very favorable. I will post more details over the next day or two once I have had a little more burn in and listen to some familiar CDs.

Well I have the only Trafomatic Head One in North America and have been listening to it for the past four days. Initial impressions are very favorable. I will post more details over the next day or two once I have had a little more burn in and listen to some familiar CDs.

Do you have the contact info for whom you contacted to purchase one? I am thinking about seeing how it is in my rig, and would like to talk with their NA distributor