lavry black

tiberian

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was able to swipe a DAC1 from a friend when I first got my DA10. Overall they both had fantastic detail and clarity with the DAC1 tending toward the leaner side of things and the DA10 towards the fuller side. The DA10 just had the discrete goodness no opamp based design can touch in way of clarity/detail yet warmth and smoothness to the sound.

Maybe or maybe not. GE's opinion is very valuable to me.

While GE opinion might be good and all you must remember that it is you that will end up with it. Is there anyway you could audition it.

The lavry has the potential to become a bargain worth getting. Or it could end up as another FOTM and when you look back it might hit you that it never sounded good in the first place.

While GE opinion might be good and all you must remember that it is you that will end up with it. Is there anyway you could audition it.

well, there's that Lavry Black DA10 Iron_Dreamer is bringing to the Saratoga meet tomorrow... but who knows if he'll let people audition it. ;)

well, there's that Lavry Black DA10 Iron_Dreamer is bringing to the Saratoga meet tomorrow... but who knows if he'll let people audition it. ;)

I am sure he would let pfk if he asked him nicely. I mean it will be under meet conditons but if it gives you a sniff of the sound and you find you like it tehn all is good.

But if you don't like it then no biggie either as people hear differently and have different preferences and requirements

Honestly it really depends though. For example at the Maxi meet I loved the MPX3s, so hence I'm getting one (shouldbe here early next week, d'oh!). But at that meet I hated the HF-1s, but I got one anyways and I don't nearly hate them as much, although I do love my sennsmore. But heh, I figure at some point I'l end up grabbing one.

• 2 weeks later...