lavry black

tiberian

They aren't in the signal path on the headphone output... but we're pretty sure they are on the XLR output. If they aren't, I would be interested in knowing how we are getting amplification. :P

There are only two transistors in that area of the board and they are used for the relay's from what we could see.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got my Lavry ten minutes ago. Quick question for those with one: does the LED volume panel move when you increase or decrease the volume? As if it's not anchored down? Also I find it difficult to adjust the volume by a single digital as it jumps by two. This is more common up so I have to go up then back down.

PFKMan23, is this the problem you had? Was it completely fixed?

BTW, I just compared it directly against the TubeDAC+. Wowee Zowee. O0

For you direct-out fans: the new dCS P8i has (a) balanced outs; (B) volume control; © balance control; and (d) voltage control (this is somehow different from volume control, I think). I read the new Stereophile review.

I am expecting one of you direct-out knuckleheads to be trying this, soon. C'mon, take one for the team, it's only US$14K.

Just got my Lavry ten minutes ago. Quick question for those with one: does the LED volume panel move when you increase or decrease the volume? As if it's not anchored down? Also I find it difficult to adjust the volume by a single digital as it jumps by two. This is more common up so I have to go up then back down.
I would open it up and make sure it is firmly seated in there... I dont think my LED's move, though I will double check when I get home. you just need to remove the philips screws on the bottom and rear plate and it just slides out. ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

blessing, you are comparing it to a scott nixon tube dac+? that's one of my fave DACs, it would be interesting to hear a full blown comparo to that and the lavry!

Jahn, I loved the TubeDAC+ for as long as I had it (and still think it's a strong value), but there's really no comparison. Since the Nixons can be regularly picked up used for half the price of Lavry, it's impossible to state which is the better price performer, but on sound quality the difference is strong enough and on every level (detail, clean highs, balance, tight bass, etc.) that a detailed review isn't really necessary. I sold the TubeDAC+ soon after (and to finance) receiving the Lavry so doing one know would be fuzzy memory anyway.