DIY tube amp for Stax SR-303

Karhu

Hello, this is my first post here.

I have Stax SR-303/SRM-313 combo. It works well with my vinyl player but with cd it is cold and boring. Cd (Audio aero prima) is fine with my speakersystem, so I?m not going to change it. I got an idea of DIY tube amp with SR-303.

Having read many threads here and the other, now malfunctioning forum, I have found this Gilmores schema: http://headwize.com/projects/gilmore_prj.htm

Is this a good schema?

What else would you recommend?

I won?t make this myself, have to make it by an experienced amp maker, so it can be a relatively complicated amp like that of Gilmores.

That is a good design and is the same as Woo Audio uses in their Woo GES amp. There are a lot of Stax amp designs out there but most of them are in Japanese. The Tubecad design is also pretty good and simple and a little more interesting is the other Gilmore tube design.

Can you tell me where I can found this other Gilmore tube design, please.

The head3 design is all solid state with the apex chips.

Ohhh, I called it after the page name but DC tube driver will do just fine.

The NE-2's are actually better because they are significantly

stiffer. But then the rest of the thing is highly boring, as only

8 tubes are visible, and no pretty glow lamps.

I'm going with 0A2's and the sockets for them should be here soon. I like pretty lights... ;D

Then I'm only short the 6H30 tubes...

Yes, if i had money for Blue Hawaii and O2 I wouldnt ask these questions, but my purpose is not to make this cheapest possibly way either.

I have expressed myself badly. I meant that I cannot afford Blue Hawaii amp or OmegaII headphones. 0a2 tubes are not too expensive. ;D

The head3 design is all solid state with the apex chips.

The NE-2's are actually better because they are significantly

stiffer. But then the rest of the thing is highly boring, as only

8 tubes are visible, and no pretty glow lamps.

Is that the only reason you recommended against the NE-2s in the old head-fi thread? <_< *thought it'd have something to do with noise issues and whatnot*

I'm still waiting for my BH PSU PCB from justin to get started with the DC tube amp, meh.