why do you put your gear in your signature?

mjb

i don't know what happened over the last couple weeks, but i go back to hf today and there's all these people that have these 20-30 line sigs full of everything electronic that they own...

mjb

With the outage, your personal settings may have been screwed up. Go into your HF profile and turn off the signatures.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Transports: HTPC's + RME FF800's | DACs: dCS Elgar Plus / dCS Scarlatti | Clocks: dCS Verona / dCS Scarlatti

Headphones: HE/HEV90, UE-10, Bose Triport

Face cream: L'Oreal for Men - because I'm worth it | Zit cream: Oxy

Suit: Armani / Zegna / Hugo Boss / Paul Smith | Jacket: fly53 / Armani / Decenio / fenchurch

Pants: Jaeger / Boss / fenchurch etc | Underpants: Calvin Klein | Bags: Knomo / Swaine Adeney / Halliburton

Supermarket: Waitrose | Beer: Guinness | Mouthwash: Listerine

Wow. Just wow.

;D

Sounds like Seuss:

I put it there for you to read;

I put it there, though there's no need;

I put it there with a smile on my face;

I put it there to put you in your place;

I put it there -- that's my sig's role;

That's why I put it there, you assfacehole.

Wow. Just wow.

That is possibly the best post I've read on h-c. :o

I like reading what people have so I have a frame of reference for what they like. I do it here so folks will know what I like. If your taste is different from mine, you'll know up front how to take anything I have to say. Also, I've cycled through a bit of gear, though not nearly as much as some people I know, but what I've kept, I really enjoy, and it's nice to be able to show it. Lord knows no one else in my daily life could give two hoots or have any idea what a K1000 can sound like. I know you guys do, and it's a way to share.

What's interesting is that I took gear out of my sig on head-fi. It got in the way of having meaningful conversations about anything that wasn't in my signature, which was limiting and boring. The op's toss off statement was indicative of how many people interpret things. I was trying to have a discussion in the Ultrasone thread, and sovkiller dismissed anything I said based on the fact I own R10s. How could I possibly hear what was good in anything else was his reasoning. I found the same in the thread about not "getting" the Denons, and almost viciously so in that Disturbing Trend thread. It got in the way, so I got rid of it. Now that the gear has disappeared from profiles, I'm not even sure I'll put it back in. Probably will, but have reservations. It's a pain to be put on the defensive when saying you don't like a certain anything, and people assume you're dissing it only because you own something "better" rather than having formed intelligent and careful opinions on whatever is being discussed. It shouldn't be that way, but it often is. It became not worth it to me.

Sounds like Seuss:

I put it there for you to read;

I put it there, though there's no need;

I put it there with a smile on my face;

I put it there to put you in your place;

I put it there -- that's my sig's role;

That's why I put it there, you assfacehole.

ROFLMFOA! This is why I still check out Head-Case. ;D