RS-1 with apuresound V3

postjack

I have to say, listening to the slow folksy rock sounds of Wilco, with a Grado cart dragging through the vinyl, into the apuresound recabled RS-1, is a pretty magical experience.

You might be looking at one of these in the future. It's got big thumping groove and mojo, in short, it's addictively fun. You ain't heard bass and weight till you've heard this baby. 8)

Looks nice, but I admit to confusion. How do you mount it? It looks like its just screwed directly into the tonearm.

Yup, it more or less screws right in. The dealer said it was something called an SME mount, and that's about as much as I know. Apparently it's pretty old school or something.

Yup, it more or less screws right in. The dealer said it was something called an SME mount, and that's about as much as I know. Apparently it's pretty old school or something.

Ah okay, it works with a specific type of tonearm. Thats good. Cartridge alignment is such a bummer, but I'm getting better at it.