CanJam NYC 2023: February 25-26

Voltron

@jp11801 started talking about this meet in a different thread about a different meet, but if we're going to make something happen then we need a proper meet thread. This could be an opportunity to get the old Travel Team together again! @shellylh claims to be making the trip and Claire and I are considering going too. Some locals like @bozebuttons and @Kerry -- MOT MOT MOT! -- will be there. Not sure if @Iron_Dreamer or @justin are working the show, and even if he's not promoting ECP Audio, @dsavitsk is not far away. 

So, who else feels like it is safe to come out and play again?

Edited by Voltron
  • Like 5

We just booked tickets to arrive on Thursday Feb 23 and we are staying after the weekend to visit our daughter and other friends. Friday afternoon at Other Half and Finback in Gowanus Brooklyn, along to sandwiches from Court Street Grocers nearby is my proposal for kicking things off...

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I guess I'm planning on going to canjam on Saturday but one day will be plenty. Claire and I just got tickets to see John Zorn Masada Quartet at the Village Vanguard at 3:00pm on Sunday 2/26. Julian Lage is playing guitar for this gig. We had a pretty big Head-case contingent for a Zorn show in SF years ago, and most people doubled down for the second set. This is just a Sunday matinee, but does anyone else want to join? Tickets available here:

https://villagevanguard.squadup.com/2022.html

Figuring on brunch or lunch with the crew beforehand. Claire and I are having dinner at some friends that night, just FYI.

• Like 4

I totally want to go to the Zorn show (just got a ticket)!!!

I am arriving Sat afternoon and will be around all Sunday (until I have to move to a hotel in Newark - giving a talk at Rutgers on Monday).   Staying at the Marriot Marquis on Saturday night.  

Edited by shellylh
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1