CanJam NYC 2023: February 25-26

Voltron

1 hour ago, Iron_Dreamer said:

Is this still the thinking? Michelle's interested to go to Other Half for the first time.

Definitely my thinking and plan for the day. Timing is open to other people's needs. My daughter Sophie and maybe her girlfriend can join in the early evening, but not  quite the afternoon. 

We could meet for a late lunch at Court Street Grocers for some amazing sandwiches and then walk to Other Half and then to Finback. There are other brewery options nearby that are not as great but people also like, such as Threes Brewing. 

It's a haul back to midtown near the meet location but it's worth it. 😁

Saturday dinner would be great to get a number of folks together after the meet. I haven't thought about location for that but maybe @Kerry or even @jp11801 might have some local knowledge. 

• Like 3

I am scheduled to get in on Friday around noon so once I check in, it'll be a game to find the rest of the crew. Definitely down for dinner Saturday but I have nothing else to add as this will be my first time actually spending time in NYC.

Edit: Have I mentioned I am excited to see some of you for the first time in like 8 years? I am very excited.

Edited by Emooze
  • Like 6

Plans for Friday in Brooklyn are pretty loose so far. @jp11801 and I are planning to meet at Court Street Grocers for lunch around noon. If others can join but need the time to shift a little, then we can adjust. After lunch and maybe some walking to aid digestion, we will make our way to Other Half Brewing, which is nearby. At some point, we will make the 20 minute walk to Finback Brewery. I don't remember it being that far the last time I walked between the two, but so says Google. Again, if we know when people are free, we can set some times.

OK, so who is up for some or all of this afternoon / evening in Brooklyn? Claire will be joining for at least some of the time and my daughter Sophie will be meeting up with us after work (whatever that means these days). Any particular time constraints that we can try to work around? Speak up so we can plan something. I'm hoping that @spritzer @justin @Kerry @Emooze@The Monkey@luvdunhill @bozebuttons @Iron_Dreamer and anyone else in the area will consider hanging out Friday or at least Saturday beyond just the meet itself. Anyone hear from @nikongod these days? @shellylh gets in Saturday and I'm sure she will be up for fun times.

See you soon.

Edited by Voltron
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Voltron said:

Plans for Friday in Brooklyn are pretty loose so far. @jp11801 and I are planning to meet at Court Street Grocers for lunch around noon. If others can join but need the time to shift a little, then we can adjust. After lunch and maybe some walking to aid digestion, we will make our way to Other Half Brewing, which is nearby. At some point, we will make the 20 minute walk to Finback Brewery. I don't remember it being that far the last time I walked between the two, but so says Google. Again, if we know when people are free, we can set some times.

OK, so who is up for some or all of this afternoon / evening in Brooklyn? Claire will be joining for at least some of the time and my daughter Sophie will be meeting up with us after work (whatever that means these days). Any particular time constraints that we can try to work around? Speak up so we can plan something. I'm hoping that @spritzer @justin @Kerry @Emooze@The Monkey@luvdunhill @bozebuttons @Iron_Dreamer and anyone else in the area will consider hanging out Friday or at least Saturday beyond just the meet itself. Anyone hear from @nikongod these days? @shellylh gets in Saturday and I'm sure she will be up for fun times.

See you soon.

I will be staying at the hotel Saturday night I booked a room so can hang out Saturday night ,See everyone soon.

• Like 3

My train is supposed to arrive just before noon tomorrow to Penn Station. I can't check into the hotel until 4 so I will definitely need lunch and likely refreshments. I can head towards Court Street Grocers as soon as I get in.

Beyond that, I have no concrete plans at all this weekend, just looking to enjoy the time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Voltron said:

I am planning to meet JP at noon in Brooklyn but we can push back lunch at CSG until 12:30 or 1:00pm if that works for Adrian and others. We can get coffee or whatnot. Peter, what time is going to work for you and Michelle?

We're easy so far. Made to to NYC, so we are just a train ride away. 

• Like 2