If you had to downgrade your entire rig to $500 ...

jinp6301

awesome, my current and hopefully end rig is $150 pico dac, $200 meier audio stepdance $250 HD600, nearly $500... now to start looking for stax's

If it's an end rig then why are you looking for another headphone rig?

He's not done downgrading - he's gotta cut another $100 off his rig to hit the goal. I'd recommend a Behringer UCA202 in place of the Pico DAC. NwAvGuy loves those.

Oh, I probably am not keeping the grado rig, I enjoy my grados, but the ATH-W10VTGs and JH13s are really all I need for headphones. I just bought them because I got a phenomenal deal on them, and I hadn't heard the RS2s. Same for the Glite.

Ooh, actually, the rig I listen to the absolute most is also under $500

afore mentioned behringer, plus airmotiv 4s. I have a mixer in between, but it's just a passive volume control, and the speakers have volume knobs.

If it's an end rig then why are you looking for another headphone rig?

Because of the number of knowledgable folks here who keep saying that cheap stax's are the best things since sliced bread. or maybe because i'm a big fan of following the crowd, but i think that belongs in the other headphone forum.

He's not done downgrading - he's gotta cut another $100 off his rig to hit the goal. I'd recommend a Behringer UCA202 in place of the Pico DAC. NwAvGuy loves those.

I'm with roadtonowhere08 now is this a serious suggestion? and excuse my ignorance is this even a DAC? given the NwAvGuy reference, i dont know how to take this!

no no, we say that expensive stax with more expensive amps are the best thing since sliced bread. We're not really a value oriented group.

I'm with roadtonowhere08 now is this a serious suggestion? and excuse my ignorance is this even a DAC? given the NwAvGuy reference, i dont know how to take this!

And that's why you should spend more time reading

• 1 month later...