Can you recommend some speaker stand footers?

guzziguy

I need to find some footers for my speaker stands so that the spikes won't damage a tile floor. I've used quarters in the past but they have problems. Does anybody have a favorite footer that they would like to recommend? If not, I probably will go with the Head Case approved "Hockey Puck footer".

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the suggestion. The tiles are somewhat irregular so it would be difficult to get a slab to lay on them and not rock. I just ordered 8 hockey pucks. Not surprisingly, it's impossible to find them in Santa Barbara, CA. :o

Did you try Sports Authority in Camino Real Marketplace? Actually you're right, I wouldn't expect to find hockey anything here.

Did you try Sports Authority in Camino Real Marketplace? Actually you're right, I wouldn't expect to find hockey anything here.

Yep. First place I looked. I also stopped by Big 5. They at least had hockey sticks and floor hockey pucks, but no regulation hockey pucks. It's not surprising considering that the nearest ice hockey rink is in TO (I think), 60+ miles away. Sports Authority had no hockey equipment at all.

Star Audio APCD2 discs- a bit over priced for what they are at $35 for a set of four. You can find them at Audio Advisor

Gee, I thought that paying $18 for 8 pucks was high. ;D Actually, it was 8 bucks for the pucks and $10 for shipping and "handling".

Thanks for the suggestion though. If the pucks don't work out I'll seriously consider the APCD2 discs.