Ahhhh...Vintage RS-1's

recstar24

nice...did you get a deal on them cos the latest on head-fi went more than $1500

Yes I got them for a very fair price, tyrion's offer is right around the ballpark where I would value them (or at least that is what I sold my last set to JP nums for). I highly doubt someone really offered him that much for RS-1's even if they are vintage set. He is either saying that because he wants people to pay more, or he is giving false information, like saying they have the HP1000 drivers or something (yes that rumor is circulating around and I have had to debunk a couple of newbs from spreading that).

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

again, I call total bullshit on the $1500. They don't even have the wood box.

Maybe, maybe if they were NOS, AND in the wood box, AND Joseph and John Grado would deliver them to your door personally, AND then they cook you dinner, AND also Joe has an HP-1000 with him that he gives to you. Then, and only then, might they be worth $1500.

again, I call total bullshit on the $1500. They don't even have the wood box.

Maybe, maybe if they were NOS, AND in the wood box, AND Joseph and John Grado would deliver them to your door personally, AND then they cook you dinner, AND also Joe has an HP-1000 with him that he gives to you. Then, and only then, might they be worth $1500.

That would be cool if John Grado could deliver them, then I could ask him if he really liked Saw III :P

Lucky Recstar :D

I've been searching for a while now. Can't find those. I made a very good offer to Mr.Nice on Head-Fi for his RS-1 but he told me he sold them for a big amount.

Will keep searching :(

If I had a vintage RS-1 I would take up your offer for the RS-1 + cash for HP2 swap. Its a good deal.

what the fuck I'll give it a shot this week, I'll either be eating caviar or crow

Hey, I called dibs on those. You're breaking the Florida rules, which is punishable with whatever our ramshackle quorum can come up with at the time of assembly. Calling Gene, Matt, Mike and Wayne! We've got a traitor, selling out friendship for bucks!

Hey, I called dibs on those. You're breaking the Florida rules, which is punishable with whatever our ramshackle quorum can come up with at the time of assembly. Calling Gene, Matt, Mike and Wayne! We've got a traitor, selling out friendship for bucks!

Sorry but I'm with Jp on this one. He has some big expenses coming like a plane ticket to FLA and a Langerado VIP pass. Sometimes exceptions need to be made. Besides, don't you already own every headphone known to man, sorry, know woman.