CEC DA53

grawk

tell me once you get your hands on that.

sure. I suppose it isn't as cheap as I thought it would be when the shipping and transaction charges get factored in, but it's still reasonable.

I'm also interested in the belt-drive CEC CD transport so if I get that later on I'm hoping it'll be a good match with the DA53.

sure. I suppose it isn't as cheap as I thought it would be when the shipping and transaction charges get factored in, but it's still reasonable.

I'm also interested in the belt-drive CEC CD transport so if I get that later on I'm hoping it'll be a good match with the DA53.

If you do you have to promise to compare it to the USB! ;)

Does anybody have any idea whether the usb converts direct to i2s, or goes in and out of spdif first?

why would you need a uber transport for USB? actually, I bet he has access to uber computer systems with USB.

which uber transport are you talking about?

I meant to compare the USB to a high quality crazy expensive conventional CD transport, like that CEC belt drive one, or your Accuphase. People are always talking about how PC based audio is better and blah blah blah, but you never see comparisons between usb and a high quality conventional transport using the same dac. A real comparison would be nice to see. :)

I don't really care, but if I ever have time and find the DP-85 sitting next to a computer I might compare them.

who are these people that want the truth about computer audio anyways? can't they do this themselves? ;)

It seems every week on some audio forums there are debates of the merits of computer as source and how it's the be all end all and yaddayaddayadda, and people like Empirical Audio (there was some article the guy wrote about it recently).

No they can't do it themselvesbecause they're all cheapskates who can't afford a real transport so they use their computers. ;)

If this is the case then it in theory will bring a pc source more up to the level of a dedicated cd transport. If they have implementated it right then it looks set to be a winner.

If it is a reclocking dac it will be worth checking out. If it is an upsampling dac then that's different

Well, it is upsampling. Upsamples everything to 195khz for it's filters.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it is upsampling. Upsamples everything to 195khz for it's filters.

And this is practically the only area in which the AQVOX has a real advantage (depending on who you ask) compared to the CEC, since it allows bypassing the internal upsamling before the D/A conversion takes place.

Well, I'm not having much luck selling my Eastsound... probably because the Doctor is selling one with minor problems for $100 less. Bastard.

So anyways, I might be able to do some transport tests. Though I will be getting the Lavry instead of the CEC. [might be getting it today at lunch!!!]

Well, I'm not having much luck selling my Eastsound... probably because the Doctor is selling one with minor problems for $100 less. Bastard.

Now that you mention that, it all makes sense. That fucktard assclown is shilling his shit so he can sell for good prices, I wouldn't be surprised if his Bada or SA5000 goes on sale after everyone forgets about the beating I gave him on both items.