I dropped my Zen Vision:M in a sink full of water

Chekhonte

I was cleaning out my ears and my sink in my second bathroom doesn't drain well and started to fill up. I foolishly had my Zen on the towel rack right above the sink and of course in fell right in. I was only submerged for a second or two but that was enought for it to start flashing primary colours and then settle on the color pink for a while and then switch to blue and then black. I immediately opened it up and dried out all the water I could see. I put it on one of the air induction vents for the central heating in hopes that it will dry out all the way and work in a few hours. We'll see!

This could be the excuse I've been looking for to buy a new portable. The problem is that my zen has been great and very reliable. I haven't seen a better player since I've bought it. I've a a couple of friends that had zunes crap out on them. The new mass storage Ipods have laggy firmware which turns me off to them. Can anybody point me in a direction to an MP3 player that they've seen and have liked?

Well I plugged the battery back in and it seems to be working just fine. It rebooted and started playing where it left off. I changed albums a number of times and every song loaded as it should. I'm a little suspicious. I feel that I shouldn't have gotten away with dropping an mp3 player full in water and gotten off scott free. Regardless I'm happy as hell. I can't live with out music on my long walks to and from work. Lets hope that it lasts! :dance:

My concern is why you would be cleaning your ears? was this after a shower/bath/swim or what?

No, I use canalphones so wax tends to build up in my ears. I clean them out with diluted hydrogen peroxide every couple of months and then use a squeeze bulb filled with water to rinse them out. This method was recommended to me by an audiologist.

No, I use canalphones so wax tends to build up in my ears. I clean them out with diluted hydrogen peroxide every couple of months and then use a squeeze bulb filled with water to rinse them out. This method was recommended to me by an audiologist.

ah yes, the hydrogen peroxide in the ears. homeopaths love that one.

I actually did. Before I went to bed that night I decided to open it back up and put it back on the heat vent for the evening.

This may not have anything to do with dropping it in the water. My zen has had little quirks since I bought it. I'll continue to blame every little thing that goes wrong with it on that fateful episode however!